Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hi just picked up an MG-1 yashica...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Hi just picked up an MG-1 yashica... Reply with quote

Lovely camera would describe it as mint but what is the best solution for getting the right battery for it?
Has anyone used this??
http://www.yashica-guy.com/document/battery.html
I have read this about using 2 LR44 and tinfoil padding
http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/index-frameset.html?YashicaElectro35GX.html~mainFrame

any dangers with going the tinfoil route?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am collecting Yashica Electros.

Initally, I didn't find the LR44 batteries in my DIY store but found a smaller 6 volts battery, ref A11 or E11A.

Now, please remember I'm trying to help, so don't laught at the following ... Wink

I used the tip of a silicon cartridge cut in two and filled with alu foil. Works fine.

The battery and the dismantled support :

Assembled :

Bottom view :

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the yashica guy battery adapter, and it is well made and reliable. I've also done the foil and sleeve thing, not as reliable but works just fine once you get it right.

Jieffe, that's very creative and clever. I'll do something like that the next time I need something like that Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't laugh as the guy who sold it to me,had inside a chap stick tube but said I needed a wire to earth it to the body of the camera...I did not like that idea as it may scratch it and lose connectivity and it did not sound to stable.Your idea of packing it with alu foil sounds a lot easier and have a better stable connection.

Sorry the flash is dark it's my olympus sp510uz point and shoot(I have to wait until it grows up to a DSLR Very Happy )

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hihi Mo Fo, I actually find this lighting and the distortion on the first very becoming, looks really cool Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I had to use my phones built in torch to shine it on the camera so the Olympus could focus!!(house lighting is poor to say the least)

Oh and by the way the battery holder worked fantastic...stuffed with Alu foil,I found the little sticker on the battery compartment lid stopped the contact so a little piece of foil came to the rescue again!I could have pulled the sticker off but did not want to do that....go figure Surprised