Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Split focus for M645 1000s
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Split focus for M645 1000s Reply with quote

I picked up a Mamiya 645 1000s for next to nothing, with a metered prism and 55mm 2.8, but I'm not very happy with the stock matte focus screen. I've missed a lot of shots in somewhat dim light situations and I think I'd like to go the route of my Pentax K10d and add a split focus screen.

Are there any more reputable sources than eBay? I've seen the screen go for as little as $40 on some auctions, but I'm always weary of knockoffs or whatnot. If anyone has any experience with a particular eBay seller's focus screens on their M645 I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.keh.com/OnLineStore/ProductList.aspx?Mode=&item=0&ActivateTOC2=&BC=MS&BCC=5&ID=46&CC=15&CCC=27&BCL=&GBC=&GCC=

about as reputable as it gets... though the shipping charges do add to the total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much. Not sure why I *always* forget about KEH, considering that's probably the first place I should be looking.