Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DSLR market shares
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: DSLR market shares Reply with quote

I noticed this on the Nikongear forum. In German, but the graphics are
easy to read. Canon and Nikon have almost equal share, but they have both lost some to Sony.

http://www.photoscala.de/Artikel/DSLR-Welt-im-Wandel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'll see more and more Sonys in the coming years, they seem to be flooding the market with models for just about everyone Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems 4/3 from Olympus not so popular choice.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, even Pentax dosn't fare well...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrek wrote:
I think you'll see more and more Sonys in the coming years, they seem to be flooding the market with models for just about everyone Laughing

Of course Sony is a very large corporation and it can probably afford to make a loss (if necessary), subsidised by other activities, on its camera business until it obtains a large market share. (Not an original idea but I can't remember where I read it first).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i should have thought that canon is increasing profit because of the great fullframe offer 5D. they were the first with such an affordable fullframe camera.