Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus E-1, fine camera for MF lenses...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Olympus E-1, fine camera for MF lenses... Reply with quote

I've been trying the Olympus E-1 and it's a fascinating camera.
Some tests with the Chinon 50mm f/1.7:

Very adequate for B&W.

I only miss the histogram view, otherwise perfect tool with very good ergonomics.

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you shoot in jpg, histogram is available and it has good jpg I see now difference against raw.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
If you shoot in jpg, histogram is available and it has good jpg I see now difference against raw.

Thanks Attila!. I didn't know it.

My dream is to shot and to later copy the picture to the PC without having to retouch it...

Regards.

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked at some of the newer Olys with the 'art filters?' I think the idea with those is just that - take the picture and print without pp.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Attila wrote:

Thanks Attila!. I didn't know it.

My dream is to shot and to later copy the picture to the PC without having to retouch it...

Regards.

Jes.

With good lenses like Carl Zeiss or Olympus I rare need to do any pp if I perfectly exposed. I have split screen in and measure light well not so trivial if aperture is stopped down.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jes! glad you find a fascinating camera
I like you avatar Very Happy