Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fates in Motion Series: Super-Tak 1.9/85, 2/55, & CZJ 2/
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Fates in Motion Series: Super-Tak 1.9/85, 2/55, & CZJ 2/ Reply with quote

Ok, here's a three-in-one test video (with anamorphic bonus): http://nortega.com/?p=378

Carl Zeiss aus Jena : Pancolar 2/50 (the Star Wars version)
Super-Takumar 1.9/85 & AG-LA7200 Anamorphic adapter
Super-Takumar 1.9/85
Super-Takumar 2/55

All shot as flat as possible (unlike last test) with no color correct to help spot CA problems, which is painfully obvious with the Panasonic anamorphic attachment. So somebody sell me a damn Iscorama already. Laughing

Also didn't use a steady rig this time and these are tiny lenses so there's shake, and the reasoning behind the bizarre counting stations audio is left up to your own imagination.

End result is I think these all achieve a similar balance to the look. The Pancolar has a little more separation between the foreground and background plane to me, but I think I like the Super-Taks better... still thinking.

Test stills (color corrected so you can imagine what the above video would look like after CC):

Last edited by fates on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to help, but I cannot find the things to compare in both pics.

You corrected colors, so I can´t say anything about them.

The perspective in the pics are differents, so I see differents things in each one with different sizes.

Perhaps another fellow can help you. Sorry, I can't.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in order to view the motion samples, you have to click the tip link... the stills are just frame grabs to see on this post and to help imagine how the graded film would look, as the motion sample is ungraded.

Does any one have any idea how to embed a vimeo code into a post?

Every time I try the code tag I get this:
Code:
<object><param><param><param><embed></embed></object><p><a>Motion test : Super-Tak 1.9/85, 2/55, & CZJ 2/50</a> from <a>nortega</a> on <a>Vimeo</a>.</p>