Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Old Hanimex 400/6.3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Old Hanimex 400/6.3 Reply with quote

Took this old beast out recently, thinking it may be an old Kawanon. *Edit: Thanks to the posts below, I now believe it's an old Tokina*

Here's a couple of snaps:

Little Egret looking over the water by ManualFocus-G, on Flickr

Little Egret in the water by ManualFocus-G, on Flickr

Last edited by ManualFocus-G on Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that's a Kawanon. I think it's an early Tokyo Koki Tele Tokina.They aren't identical but I believe it is Tokina made.

Edit (forgot the link)

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Tokina.
Pretty good lens.

If you want the Kawanon, look for Astranar brand.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a funny lens I have these 3,Note the subtle differences.
L to R
The Astranar 300mm,the Tele Tokina 200mm and my recent buy the Hanimex 300mm.They all look similar at first glance.I can inter-change the mounts on the Hanimex and Tokina.
Nice images MFG I have not tried my Hanimex yet...yours looks older? I might have made a mistake posting these here so if you need them moved.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work guys! It has a long minimum focusing distance like my Tokina made 300/5.5 so that makes sense Smile

I seem to be collecting these old 400mm beasts at the moment! Laughing