Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Who's the maker of these 2 lenses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Who's the maker of these 2 lenses? Reply with quote

So, a few days ago I stumbled upon this at the local flea market.

A pretty mint Porst Uniflex 1000s with a Porst 50mm f1.7 and a Porst 28mm f2.8 and a Porst 135mm f2.8. Porst was only a reseller as we all know, though...

The 28mm and 135mm are of a type I have never before seen under the Porst name. I did a search in several forums but I've not yet found results for similar Porst lenses - all the Porst 28mms and 135mms I've found so far have looked different (and none had any silver applications).

Anyone know who's the maker for these two lenses?

Both lenses say made in Japan.

Sadly, haven't had a chance to really try them out yet...

Here's the 28mm f2.8:

And the 135mm f2.8

And both together...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2,8/135 is very similar (almost the same) lens than my mamiya TL/DTL 2,8/135.

Both 135s seem to be made by tokina.

If the similitude among the two 135s like I said before it's true, your lens is a very good one. But really very good.

Good luck. Rino.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's the maker of these 2 lenses? Reply with quote

Dr.AK wrote:
Anyone know who's the maker for these two lenses?

Tokina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
The 2,8/135 is very similar (almost the same) lens than my mamiya TL/DTL 2,8/135.

If the similitude among the two 135s like I said before it's true, your lens is a very good one. But really very good.

Good luck. Rino.

Hmm... I have similar 135 lens with Lentar name on it. It is quite bad wide open despite everyone says it's impossible to make bad 135 lens.

Last edited by dimitrygo on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur. Both from the house of Tokina. I really like the Porst Uniflex they're mounted on. First time I've ever seen a private labeled Yashica.

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good about the lenses! Hopefully I'll have the chance to get out to try them out a bit in the next few days...

casualcollector wrote:
I concur. Both from the house of Tokina. I really like the Porst Uniflex they're mounted on. First time I've ever seen a private labeled Yashica.

Yes, it looks to be in mint condition too! According to what I've found out the Porst Uniflex 1000s is a slightly modified Yashica TL-Super. I believe the lens that was supplied with the camera back then, a Porst Color Reflex Auto 50mm f1.7, is also a Yashica Yashinon branded with the Porst name.

Here it is with the lens that's suppoesed to be on it.

I also got the instructions manual for the camera. Way cool. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimitrygo wrote:
estudleon wrote:

Good luck. Rino.

Hmm... I have similar 135 lens with Lentar name on it. It is quite bad wide open despite everyone says it's impossible to make bad 135 lens.

It seems to be anything wrong withn your 135.

See. IT'S NOT MY TEST:

100% Crop

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mansony/3721967984/in/photostream/

And the complete pics are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mansony/3721154203/in/photostream/

The F/2,8 is consistent with my lens.

Like mine, it's sharp from F/4 ro F/11. And very usuable at F/2,8

Have you any pic of your 135?

Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I believe the lens that was supplied with the camera back then, a Porst Color Reflex Auto 50mm f1.7, is also a Yashica Yashinon branded with the Porst name.

Looks like my Yashinon-DX 50mm/1.7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And looks also like my Lentar 28mm Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally had the chance to take these lenses out with me today...

28mm:

135mm:

The 28mm seems to be a bit soft wide open and the 135mm seems pretty sharp, even wide open but i don't really like the bokeh.

I think I'll be selling these on shortly after some more tests.