Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Playing around...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Playing around... Reply with quote

This is my Zeiss Ikon Voigtländer Vitessa 500AE Electronic.

Which photo do you prefer?

or

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 2 for my taste

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 1.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did I win ? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 is not decently cropped, so no level playing field. So I prefer #2.
Do you use the camera other than as a model?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer this one

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kratz/2100973142/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
I prefer this one

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kratz/2100973142/

+1 I like if background is white.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
#1 is not decently cropped, so no level playing field. So I prefer #2.
Do you use the camera other than as a model?

Why is it not decently cropped? Because of the things that are visible in the background??
This was done by intention. That's one part of the differences of these two pics.

Yes, I use this cam but rather rarely.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Attila and poilu: My shots were not intended to be documentary but rather combine the very individual beauty of this cam with a special photographic effect, "glow" in the first pic and shadows and toning in the second one.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 is my favourite!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like to ignore your question Carsten, but I'm afraid you won't like my answer.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
I dont like to ignore your question Carsten, but I'm afraid you won't like my answer.

If your answer is "none of them", I can live with that. As the title "playing around" says there is no serious attempt of creating art in these shots. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer 1 specifically for the crop... and the glow. 2 is intriquing but a little too hard for my eye.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
peterqd wrote:

If your answer is "none of them", I can live with that. As the title "playing around" says there is no serious attempt of creating art in these shots. Wink

OK then. Out of the two, if I have to choose a favourite, I would say number 1, but I don't like the extraneous detail at the top of the picture - the edge of the table and the OOF objects. They could be cropped out. Number 2 is dark and moody but I'm not comfortable with it as it is. Either it shows too much detail or maybe not enough. A different lighting angle to give less reflection might be better I think, and maybe a lower camera position.