Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which Canon EOS Film Body meters properly with manual lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Which Canon EOS Film Body meters properly with manual lenses Reply with quote

Dear All,
I'm hoping that you can help me? I have an EOS 5 and 33, and a load of manual lenses - Contax, Oly, Takumar, Zeiss ZF etc. Some of my shots are a little out on exposure and I'm told that there is a metering problem on these bodies - and its non linear, so I cannot always apply the same compensation.

I've heard that the EOS 3 might be OK - does anybody have any experience with this body? Do you know which Canon bodies will be OK? I need to sort this out as its driving me crazy!!!

Many Thanks
Julian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could help, but that the same question I am asking also. I have been thing of getting an EOS film body.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Canon EF/M is not bad at all.
It meters different from my digital bodies, constantly, but the results are fine.
Well, the EF/M is a manual cam with an EOS mount.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eos 3 meter fine but I didn't use it a lot as most of my lenses are Zeiss and I prefer Contax slr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Carsten & Poilu.

None on sale at US 'bay at the moment. I will look around.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Just my experience on my digital EOS 40D, when I use the EF-S focusing screen instead of the standard one, light metering is much more even (yet not perfect though), especially with AF confirm adapters.

I have not been able to figure out if it's a linear profile, but for me it suffices to dial in -2/3 to -1 exposure compensation to prevent blown highlights and then post process the RAWs in my editor.

It also quite depends on the adapter-lens combination I guess, I am quite interested to know myself what difference it makes when one uses e.g. an f/1.4 chipped adapter vs. a f/2.8 one.