Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Got my new camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Got my new camera Reply with quote

Hi here

Ok the Contax RX arrived today. Its a very nice piece of a camera, not very heavy in fact. Amazing even. Custom functions are ok , viewfinder etc etc i got to use to deal with. Fitted with new battery ( not the databack ). No bumps or whatsover. This part is good.

Now : i loaded the film as showed, pressed the shutter in order to make the film go to first frame, then.... nothing happens. I read the manual through and again , the counter blinks 00 , and thats it. The viewfinder does not show anything, i'm a little meh . Does the databack needs to be in function as well ? if so i get it, it has no batteries.

Any info / help much appreciated !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about your dissapointment! If nobody answer try to send pm to F16sunshine or Orio. I beleive they are know this camera.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha no in fact it was my brain Laughing and the stress of such a camera as well

I thought that the film will load itself just when being put into the camera, but i opened the back and actually it wasn't even loaded ! so i've done it the old way advancing the film into the "horns", closed the back and now i see 01 in the counter . i am very happy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:
ha no in fact it was my brain Laughing and the stress of such a camera as well

I thought that the film will load itself just when being put into the camera, but i opened the back and actually it wasn't even loaded ! so i've done it the old way advancing the film into the "horns", closed the back and now i see 01 in the counter . i am very happy

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I noticed with my RX, if you self load your rolls of film, make sure to secure the film to the end of the roll VERY securely. I lost a couple of rolls that way. I think the clutch on the rewind is somewhat stronger than on any other self wind camera I have had, including Maxxum 9 and Hexar RF.

The data back is independent of the body, though I do like the idea of it imprinting the date between frames, rather than in the frame itself. Another warning about this feature as well. If you do put a battery in and imprint the date, if you ever take a roll out and put it back in later, TURN OFF the date imprint! I did that once, and advanced to the frame to finish the roll. I ended up with the date in the frames of pictures I had already taken. When I developed the film, I learned to never do that again. Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the tip. I have to say in first impression that this camera has a superb handling and finish. Customisation is very easy, besides you can change them with all the buttons. Very good deal.

minus was that i paid 58€ for customs, which never occured before with ANY of the camera or lenses bought in USA and i bought a lot. Talk about Contax prestige ... meh. nevermind.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!
The RX is my favorite Reflex body Very Happy

It seems we have an RX club going here now. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping I can stay amongst the lucky few!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a grip Very Happy

Indeed the RX deserves a club ! its maybe the most underknown Contax body of the latest produced. only AX and the Aria deserved the glory Wink

a question again : how long is the main battery life ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15-40 rolls Laughing

It is a "How long is a piece of thread" question.

Depends on many factors in use.

Focus confirm yes/no
Drive
power on/off

etc,........you get the idea.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And i will join to that club!
I'm anxious to my Contax RX come to my house Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the info sunnyf16 Very Happy and welcome to the club vagsousa

we'll need a new sub forum soon Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little up for first impressions.

I used the body in manual first doing metering with a cell, then i switched to AV mode, i used the gadget "digital focus thing" which may be more helpful in low light conditions, cause with the screen ( grid ) its very easy to focus.

Speed button on the left is a very good thing, handling is amazing, shutter is quiet quite Very Happy customisation is easy, camera is not too heavy at least with a 50mm. Used both in spot and the other button mode ... forgot the name

Tried the continous shooting as well, its the first time on any camera i have . Indications in the viewfinder are enough without being too disturbing for the eye. I use aperture indicationsand rely on the camera metering, will post some pictures soon.

That was my review !

vagsousa hope you got your gem Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hexi -- congrats -- Contax RX -- I'd wish to have it Smile

tf