Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

AF confirm adapter / front focus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: AF confirm adapter / front focus Reply with quote

Hello,

I got a PK to EOS AF confirm adapter and unfortunarely it suffers from front focus. No way to focus well with it.

I understand the chip must be calibrated. It's not sold as a programmable chip, so is there any way to correct this issue ?

Thanks
Olivier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: AF confirm adapter / front focus Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Hello,

I got a PK to EOS AF confirm adapter and unfortunarely it suffers from front focus. No way to focus well with it.

I understand the chip must be calibrated. It's not sold as a programmable chip, so is there any way to correct this issue ?

Thanks
Olivier

Drop a pm to our member VGR , he is the developer of AF chip for 4/3 cameras. He is an expert on this area.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Attila.
Than you very much.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: AF confirm adapter / front focus Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:

I only had a chip like that once. Yes, this can happen with them quite easily. If the chip itself is not the newer programmable type, your only resort would be applying the in-camera AF correction for a given focal length-aperture combination. If you have other chips with the same focal/aperture, it's easier to sell the affected one and get another one, without an error, instead.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: AF confirm adapter / front focus Reply with quote

Seller told me he's very sorry and proposes me to send it back to get a refund or a replacement.

I'll do that.
Thanks Aoleg

aoleg wrote:

I only had a chip like that once. Yes, this can happen with them quite easily. If the chip itself is not the newer programmable type, your only resort would be applying the in-camera AF correction for a given focal length-aperture combination. If you have other chips with the same focal/aperture, it's easier to sell the affected one and get another one, without an error, instead.