Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm going to study master in Germany, any suggestion?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: I'm going to study master in Germany, any suggestion? Reply with quote

Hi all of my friends,

Long time no see because I've just finish examination for study aboard and I choose Germany, the land of Lens. Laughing

I plan to study Master degree in Bavaria like Augsburg, Munchen, Nuremberg.

Could anyone suggest me for the best scenic beauty for photograph? I like landscape and portrait. I've searched in Flickr and found that Bavaria and Baden suit me.

And the crucial questions, where can I buy a manual lens in an expensive price? Laughing

Thank you for visiting me. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munich is a very good choice but VERY expensive to rent an appartment, so Augsburg for instance would be cheaper.

Baden is also very nice and of course Freiburg comes to mind or Kalsruhe, both very close to France (just a few kilometers), cheaper to leave in and much bettrer wine and french influenced cuisine. Bavaria is more beer oriented, hamhocks, heavy meals etc. - if you like that.
Freiburg is the city with the most sunshine hours in Germany, so since you're from Krung Tep, you would like that I guess!

About buying lenses where they are most expensive, you could buy from me of course.... Wink Wink But I guess you meant the opposite. Freiburg has some camera stores and I found some nice pieces there.

[I hope I did not offend anyone german here - I'n not Bavarian nor Badensisch, although I enjoy living in Baden...in the most northwest corner of it close to Heidelberg - also a nice place to consider btw with a very well know famous old university....]

Btw. read my spouses BLOG (the last link) - she writes a lot about Germany...all in English

P.S.: you're most welcome here to show you around - let me know when you're here!

Last edited by kds315* on Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:33 pm; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

South Germany all over beautiful , one of the nicest place on the world.

My choice is Bavaria , Munchen or Black Forest area
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Forest

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuremberg is a very old city with nice places to photograph. There are many little old towns around. As a native Franconian I would suggest to try Nuremberg. I live there. And it’s a good place.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second Klaus opinion, Freiburg is a great city to live in when you want to choose the South.
BTW, it's one of the hottest places in Germany (and I mean the weather!).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
I second Klaus opinion, Freiburg is a great city to live in when you want to choose the South.
BTW, it's one of the hottest places in Germany (and I mean the weather!).

...and not to forget, it is located right at the Swiss border also attached directly to the Black Forest (in its back, great for skiing in winter), so one can enjoy the pleasues of the Swiss alps (also great for skiing in winter), the French Alsace wine region (teh city of Colmar or a bit further up Strassburg for instance), the german lake Constance region ("Bodensee" for the german speakers - if you like to learn sailing for instance or have a taste for fresh trout) and if you lust for Bavaria (its beer and other pleasures), it is just a short train ride away.

Have a look:
http://maps.google.com/maps?client=opera&q=map+freiburg&oe=utf-8&ie=UTF8&split=0&ei=A_SUSvfiB4jK_gbrm7GWDg&ll=48.469279,9.387817&spn=2.312685,5.811768&z=8&iwloc=A

Last edited by kds315* on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:40 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus, I have some very close friends, almost family, who live near Heidelberg too. At Seckenheim. Are you near them? I know the area well.

And am I right to say Heidelberg is in Wurttemberg, not Baden? Maybe not. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, sorry.

Heidelberg is in BADEN Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officially it is called BADEN-WUERTTEMBERG, but historically it is BADEN (thanks Rolf)!!

But that's nitpicking and only interesting if you know all the history behind it
(Schwaben vs. Baden) [similar to calling a Scotsman "British"] Wink .

Weinheim is very close to Heidelberg and not far from your friends of course.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rolf and Klaus, I just looked at the map and the borders are much more complicated than I imagined! Smile

I should have checked your location in your sig. Of course I know where Weinheim is. I was there in May 2008, but only passing through. We took our friends' grandson to see the animals at the Cafe Orchidee in Birkenau.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Officially it is called BADEN-WUERTTEMBERG, but historically it is BADEN (thanks Rolf)!!

But that's nitpicking and only interesting if you know all the history behind it
(Schwaben vs. Baden) [similar to calling a Scotsman "British"] Wink .

Weinheim is very close to Heidelberg and not far from your friends of course.

That´s not nitpicking - it was only the answer of the question the post before.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:

I should have checked your location in your sig. Of course I know where Weinheim is. I was there in May 2008, but only passing through. We took our friends' grandson to see the animals at the Cafe Orchidee in Birkenau.

That's pretty there isn't it - all the orchids and the animals around while eating cake right in the middle while the kids are playing on that playgroundthey provided.

I buy my orchids from them actually.

http://www.netzer.de/ (sorry, german only...)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all of my friends,

kds315 - Thank you very much for the informations.
Indeed, I like Heidelberg too and hope to live here for
take course in German for a year and leave to Augsburg
for Master degree for 2 years. Weinheim, where you live
is close to Heidelberg so I may meet you in person if
I go there.

Additionally, I mean an unexpensive lens sorry for that mistake.

Attila, thank you for the good link.

mflex-on, thank you for details of Nuremberg.

LucisPictor, Rolf, thank you. I see your details and found you are
Germany. Any further advice I'd be appriciate.

peterqd, thank you for visiting me.