Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

full-frame 18MP Leica M9?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: full-frame 18MP Leica M9? Reply with quote

Has anyone heard anything about this? Not that I'm in the market for one,
but it has been bruited about that they would do this for some time. Will
have a Panasonic sensor:

http://leicarumors.com/2009/08/10/leica-m9-listed-as-18mp-full-frame-price-eur-5500.aspx/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I will make my wife drunk, sell my car and buy this cam and a couple of M-lenses.
Do you think it'll work? Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
OK, I will make my wife drunk, sell my car and buy this cam and a couple of M-lenses.
Do you think it'll work? Wink

Carsten, naw, your wife is too smart to get drunk, for one thing... Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Leica M9 Reply with quote

The various Leica forums have been banging on about the "M9" for a while now ... the boys and girls are longing for a full frame Leica digicam and have constructed a range of scenarios around what it will be like. Various sensor suppliers have been suggested. But Leica have their (real) new "medium format" S2 about to appear in the shops and have said absolutely nothing about a full frame M9, so it's anybody's guess as to the amount of reality involved in any of this.

The most appealing idea is that the M9 will be launched with a fanfare on 09/09/09 ... I might buy a Lotterey ticket in anticipation, because IF there actually is an M9 that's my only chance of buying one !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of Rumors thats for sure.

IMHO .........Surely it will be a Kodak Sensor.
It seems very unlikely that any of the rumors about Canon, Pany, BrandX, would make any sense in any way.

The New S2 has a Kodak sensor.
M8/M8.2 also has the excellent but much embattled Kodak CCD.
It only makes sense that Kodak not another camera maker will be loading the focus plane of the M9.

As to price. There is a lot of talk of EUR6000 being the number. Some Leica sellers are taking deposits for the camera.

You can shoot a lot of film for 6K Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
There are a lot of Rumors thats for sure.

IMHO .........Surely it will be a Kodak Sensor.
It seems very unlikely that any of the rumors about Canon, Pany, BrandX, would make any sense in any way.

The New S2 has a Kodak sensor.
M8/M8.2 also has the excellent but much embattled Kodak CCD.
It only makes sense that Kodak not another camera maker will be loading the focus plane of the M9.

As to price. There is a lot of talk of EUR6000 being the number. Some Leica sellers are taking deposits for the camera.

You can shoot a lot of film for 6K Shocked

Very stupid to purchase $$$ digital camera till we have excellent rangefinders with films that for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Very stupid to purchase $$$ digital camera till we have excellent rangefinders with films that for sure.

Is that any $$$ digital camera, or just a Leica? Confused

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
Attila wrote:

Any Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
scsambrook wrote:
Attila wrote:

Any Laughing Laughing

I've found that my digital Leica (DMR) was one of the most cost-effective photographic purchases I've made in the last 40 years.

If you figure that the maximum price you should pay for a digital camera is equal to the cost of film & processing to use a film camera, your math is wrong. The DMR has been far more productive than my film Leicas, and the image quality has been much better:

) on one occasion I used the R8 with DMR at the same event with the Leicaflex SL and Kodachrome 25, and as it turned out I was glad it was my last K25. The pictures from the DMR @ ISO 400 had better color, more detail, more dynamic range, and the DMR noise was less than the K25 grain.

) a couple of weeks ago I took several prints (a mix of film and DMR) to a meeting with a gallery owner; he remarked on the color quality and detail of the larger prints and asked what equipment I was using (DMR) and at the end of the meeting he selected several prints for display in the gallery. All of the prints he chose were made with the DMR. See them at Appel Gallery in Sacramento (appelgallery.com).

Regarding the M9 -- my best guess is a full-frame Kodak CCD, 18MP, no AA filter, no additional IR filter needed. Much of the technology that make the M9 possible was trickled-down from the S2 development.

Leica's teaser video announcing the 09/09/09 event (at 9 AM New York time) has a few glimpses of the M9.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaked pics, not one but 2???? Very convincing.

Look at the front page of http://leicarumors.com/. More details from the screen grab here http://drop.io/foj9ufz

Got Tissues (to wipe that drool....)