Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

S-M-C Macro-Takumar 4/50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: S-M-C Macro-Takumar 4/50 Reply with quote

Hadn't taken this lens out to play for a while (was having too much fun shooting macros with the non-macro Industar-61 Embarassed), but brought it to the Botanic Gardens to shoot some flowers last Sunday. Thankfully, there was also some bug action to be had out there, and the combination of the Macro-Takumar and some AOC extension tubes gave me the following results:

All shots handheld and wide-open.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing!

The third one is my fav. I like the way the wings have been caught in the picture.

Also like the overall colouring of all the shots, bright but natural.

Congrats!.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 is amazing!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots, great lens and no. 3 is my fav. also

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for #3

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 is beautiful!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent pictures - but I like #2 ... it's got a shivery quality about it !

Are these hand held shots? If so, I really do take my hat off to you. Great stuff. And the lens is doing its bit also !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ALSO take my hat off to you! Where have you been hiding this lens? Laughing

That second image simply is wonderful, for its depth of field. VERY dimensional.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked AWESOME!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all of you for your kind words - they will inspire me to do more macro work, and hopefully improve on my technique.

This was the first time I'd used extension tubes with a macro lens, and it surprised me how close I had to go (about 20mm away) to the subjects to get focus.

And yes, all handheld; the pathways in the enclosed areas of the Botanic Gardens tend to be narrow, and it's impractical to use a tripod. Also, it's not that I have steady hands - thanks to modern technology, I could afford to shoot several frames of each subject and choose only the most in-focus shot. If it was a case of using film, I'd be bankrupt at this stage Wink

Next step, the bellows!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the macro-takumar is quickly becoming my favourite lens. excellent shots, really shows the capabilities that this lens has when in the right hands.