Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Enlarging Lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Enlarging Lenses Reply with quote

Today I tried the Chibanon Anastigmat 105mm f/4.5 (enlarging lens) and Rodenstock Ysaron 105mm f/4.5 (enlarging lens) + Bellows on 20D + flash and hand held.

Chibanon

Rodenstock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has nothing to do with cine lenses so I moved it to the right forum.

Thanks for posting.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok kds315*.
I am sorry, I didn't know where to post....Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see another user of these incredible value old enlarging lenses. Fine shots

patrickh

Last edited by patrickh on Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, good shots. I need to use my enlargers soon Cool Cool Cool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have searched the subject on google but can never find an answer, I know you can only use enlarger lenses for close ups on most cameras but can they be made to reach infinity or even middle distance on a micro four thirds body?

I've always been interested in using enlarger lenses but find the close up only issue a bit restrictive.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I know you can only use enlarger lenses for close ups on most cameras but can they be made to reach infinity or even middle distance on a micro four thirds body?

anything longer than a 100mm will reach infinity on bellows

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you patrickh.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures and interesting thread, may we see how the lens look mounted?
Thx for sharing! Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nordentro, I will take some shots.

Last edited by FernandoB12 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the set. I made the adapter glued a M39 in a M42 adapter.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Quote:
I know you can only use enlarger lenses for close ups on most cameras but can they be made to reach infinity or even middle distance on a micro four thirds body?

anything longer than a 100mm will reach infinity on bellows

I can't speak for m4/3 stuff, I use a Pentax K20D. With standard PK or M42 bellows, I can reach infinity focus with any enlarger lens longer than 75mm, and old MF folder glass in that range too. My 75mm and shorter lenses won't reach infinity due to the thickness of the bellows. I intend very soon to buy an M42 helicoid so I can use shorter lenses, and especially my Schneider Betavaron 50-125mm fixed-focus enlarger zoom, which is weird as hell to use on just 30mm tube extension.

That M42 helicoid will cost around US$100. Ouch. I have considered just sacrificing some junk lens and using its body as a focusing mount, but 1) I don't have any crap glass I want to sacrifice, and 2) even my worst lenses don't have enough throw (focusing distance) to be worthwhile.

I really like using enlarger lenses for non-macro photography on bellows. Almost all enlarger lenses are quite sharp, edge-to-edge. And old MF and LF enlarger and camera lenses render images differently. These are a constant joy to use.