Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon Eos 7D 18mp
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Canon Eos 7D 18mp Reply with quote

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0909/09090105canoneos7d.asp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DX format.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
DX format.

patrickh

Yeah huh?
Update to the 50D?
The name would indicate otherwise Confused

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds impressive.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not FF though Sad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a pro dslr; 8fps - 100% viewfinder - EOS–1N construction - ...
maybe APS-C will live longer than we hope Crying or Very sad

EOS 7D viewfinder does not have interchangeable focussing screens
the end of manual focusing Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things that strike me most - 100% viewfinder & (on body) integrated speedlite transmitter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APS only - bummer, BUT full manual HDTV video control now!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy about this realease. As long as it's not FF, I can't migrate to it from my 5D, and I feel no need to ditch my K-7, which still have built-in IS for my manual lenses. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Andy

Very very confused.

What audience are they after? I suspect it's the video makers. Definitely a nono for MF lovers

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We consulted over 5,000 photographers worldwide and asked them what they most wanted to see from a camera."

Well, not me... Confused

I don't care about video.
I'm disappointed as I attented the 7D to be a full frame camera.
I don't see why I should change my 40D. The 18 Mpixels resolution ? What for. It's over my needs. If it's impossible to change focusing screen, it's under my needs.
Well, the 5D Mk II seems more sexy for me.

I'm also a bit confused with their new lenses :
An EF-S 15-85mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM for 799$ or 799€. It's expensive for a not very fast lens, even if IS claims 4 stops gain.
The EF-S 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS is cheaper with a price of 499 $ or 499 €.
I would like to remember Canon that 1$ = 0.70€...

I don't clearly understand their strategic guide lines.
I'm awaiting the pros analyses and comments.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There must be a price difference between 7D and 5DMkII and one of the most expensive parts is the sensor.

The 7D is the technology testing cam for the next 1D generation (new AF modul, maybe new software etc.). We will find a lot of these new features in the next MkIV.

@ Oliver How are you ? Did you enjoy your vacation ?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
@Andy

Very very confused.

What audience are they after? I suspect it's the video makers. Definitely a nono for MF lovers

patrickh

I think its intended for those that shoot sports and/or nature.
Many fps, focus point, fast focusing...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
There must be a price difference between 7D and 5DMkII and one of the most expensive parts is the sensor.

The 7D is the technology testing cam for the next 1D generation (new AF modul, maybe new software etc.). We will find a lot of these new features in the next MkIV.

@ Oliver How are you ? Did you enjoy your vacation ?

Yes, there's a price difference. It seems that the 5D MkII is available for 2100 €. When I see the price of their new 15-85mm f3.5-5.6 (799€), I prefer to put the difference in the 5D MkII.

How are you Rolf ?
My vacation was fine. I enjoyed visiting Toulouse, Carcassonne, Pau in the South-West of France. Unfortunately, I didn't have MF lenses with me. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo Oliver,

very nice area, unfortunately one of the 2 or 3 places in France I didn´t visit until now. Did you visit Lourdes as well ?

Have a nice day.

BTW : direct question. Do you have an idea here or some possibilities ?
http://forum.mflenses.com/need-help-from-a-member-in-a-french-speaking-country-t19667.html

Many thanks for your assistance.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why it's so big the price difference between FF models and DX ones ?
The FF (FX) is twice as big as ASP-C/DX but ... APS-C/DX sensors are twice as big as 4/3 format sensors Wink
Why the 4/3 camera are not cheaper (a lot cheaper) than the DX ones ?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf,

My wife, my daughters and my sister in law visited Lourdes after august the 15th (Maria's day). Unfortunately I was in a business meeting for my brother who lives in Pau... Confused

I wanted to visit the Cathares' Castles, but my women preferred to see the Rugby match between Toulouse and Brive (i'm wondering why... Wink ). Great match, great heat and great sweat. Razz Cool
So I didn't finish with this area and next time I'll go with MF lenses. One of these castles was the place where the movie the 7th door (hope this is the good translation from french "la septième porte") has been filmed.

For your link , I'll answer you by PM.

Cheers,
Olivier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
The 18 Mpixels resolution ? What for.

It's a good size for the Stock shooters. Some of the libraries require a 48 Mbyte file which you can get from a 16.8 Mpixel sensor without upsizing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even I was thinking of idea behind this.

But finding it a great camera for sports.. thats one area, where it will sell a lot, plus independent film maker too..