Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another Ikoflex!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Another Ikoflex! Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

Figured I'd try to fix up another one of these beauties. The shutters usually run strong after many many years so I imagine this one will be fine. I'll run it through its paces in a lighter fluid bath just to make sure (if its a compur that is - because they can run dry). To me, it looked as if someone just pulled apart the rewind lever and that should be easy to reassemble. I hope I get a Tessar version as opposed to the Novar. Not for anything, but resale value skyrockets with a tessar attached. Can't really make it out from the picture though...

The brownie is just extra, I'll clean it up but it will probably just be shelved...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got them really cheap!!

Those shutters aren't too complicated and there are tons of info on the Compurs.

Good luck fixing them!

Regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, for some reason I always get lucky with the ikoflexes. My first, which was version II from '37, I bought for $25 including shipping. It came with the original case, 7 filters, and a shutter release cable. I replaced the corroded front surfaced mirror with a new one (which I plan to do on this one as well).

You have it right! Compurs are wonderfully simple and reliable. Apparently this camera, however, came with three different types. I can't be sure how the others stack up. I'll investigate when I get it.

~Marc