Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Have a Problem with my RX. Any ideas?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Have a Problem with my RX. Any ideas? Reply with quote

As I do on a regular basis, I try out a couple of shots with my cameras, just to give them some exercise.

Today when I tried my Contax RX, the camera acted as though the shutter were permanently pressed. If set to continuous mode, it just snaps frame after frame. If set to single, it shoots one frame, and then it won't do anything else, but you can see the exposure settings change in the viewfinder as though the button were still pressed.

In both cases this happens as soon as the power is turned on. I tried replacing the battery with a fresh one, but it does the same thing. I checked the shutter button, to see if it was sticking in any way, and it isn't, you can both feel and hear when it is at the 2 separate stages.

I will say that the humidity here has been high the last couple of weeks, but have never found humidity effecting any other camera I have had. Has anyone else experienced anything like this themselves, and if so, was it permanent or temporary? If permanent, is it a fixable situation, or do I find myself holding onto a beautiful looking, paperweight? And lastly, if it is fixable, is it worth fixing? I am just a student these days, and cost of repairs would be a huge factor for me.

Anybody have any ideas, I sold a whole bunch of other stuff so that I could have the 85 Planar, and a body to go along with it, I would really like to keep that lens.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've shot RX's for years and never had any problems.
That said I did have a 167 that behaved as you describe.
Leave the battery out for a few says and put the body in a warm DRY place.
Humdity can be the cause here. Drying it out unpowered may help.
Likely the problem is in the c,s, green o selector.
Did you try changing other settings?

One more thing to check.
Did you set up multi exposures and AEB and not clear it yet??

There are combo of AEB settings that can cause seemingly strange behavior.

Best luck
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your camera. Maybe some drying will help, all the best.
Its funny i just received my RX today Cool

woot ^.^

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never used exposure bracketing, so I can be sure that I haven't set that and not cleared it. I did try putting the drive mode to self timer, but the shutter wasn't tripped in that mode.

I will give a try putting it in the warm, dry place. I think the humidity here is supposed to break soon, maybe I will get lucky and that is the only problem, and once the humidity is gone, all my problems will be gone.

I just did realize that my other camera, a Maxxum 9, has some weather sealing in the body, and could better be protected it from these problems.

Thanks, the quick response is greatly appreciated.