Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A few from my Lumix L1 and legacy lenses - CC welcome
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: A few from my Lumix L1 and legacy lenses - CC welcome Reply with quote

This one is with the Vivitar Series 1 135/2.3 at f/4. Only disadvantage other than weight is that it is 270mm on my camera so a head shot is a 20-25 foot away thing.

This is my terminally ill mum who I care for. I softened the skin a bit and removed a few blemishes in PP.

Same combination but at f/2.8. A vine tendril.

Same combination at f/8.

Same as above.

L1 with Yashinon 50/2 at probably f/4-f/5.6

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cledry,

I like very much the natural colour you have gotten with your samples. They seem remarkably sharp as well. Yes, the 4/3 multiplying factor is a nuisance, I use the 50mm lenses as a portrait ones, because this, (as you have done with the Yashinon portrait).

So sorry to hear about your mother illness, you have all my sympaties.
Good luck!.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jes for your thoughts. Taking care of my mum takes a lot of time, hence I haven't been posting much. Right now she is doing OK so perhaps I can participate a bit now.

The 50mm and the 40mm both make a nice portrait lens on the 4/3.

The bougainvillea is one I am particularly pleased with the colour, I think I nailed that one. For some reason I find that flower difficult to get just right. The vine tendril is a bit over the top though but I was going for a more saturated look. I use Alien Skin Exposure 2 to emulate various films and this one is the rather garish Kodak Ultra Color. All the shots were raw and first converted in ACR.

The little blue bottle is an ink bottle and with the 135mm I had to get about 5 feet away.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very nice. Your Mom looks as though she has a lot to say! Good for you making her last days comfortable

patrickh