Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Front Element Spots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Front Element Spots Reply with quote

Hi All,

Another question, I'm afraid, about a lens I'm thinking about buying. Please see the attached image (courtesy of the seller).

The seller is completely upfront about the marks on the front element, suggesting that they may be dust particles or "other marks." (There are also said to be some spots in the front element coating, and those may also be visible in the photo.)

What do you reckon these marks indicate? Fungus? Dried moisture spots? Something else altogether?

The lens is not a terribly common one (not truly rare either, I suppose), and I'm tempted to purchase it notwithstanding these defects. The seller offers a thirty-day unconditional return privilege. Do you think it might be worth the gamble?

Thanks for your help!

Jon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the spots clean off, of course, it's no problem. But, some spots don't.
I don't know what causes the spots that don't clean off but it's not too
unusual.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If tele lens mostly not impact IQ , big scratches, spots doesn't matter. If lot's of small cleaning marks there cover all over surface or haze there those are make lens to soft. If you can get on good price I think safe to take it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! (Thanks, too, for moving this thread to the proper forum.)

The deed is done - the lens is on its way to me, spots and all. Not to be mysterious about it, it's an Olympus FTL 135mm f/3.5 - a lens I've wanted for a long time.

Let's hope I don't have to take advantage of the seller's generous return policy!

Cheers,

Jon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Univer wrote:
Thanks! (Thanks, too, for moving this thread to the proper forum.)

The deed is done - the lens is on its way to me, spots and all. Not to be mysterious about it, it's an Olympus FTL 135mm f/3.5 - a lens I've wanted for a long time.

Let's hope I don't have to take advantage of the seller's generous return policy!

Cheers,

Jon

I cross my fingers! I think you made wise decision.