Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A few photos with a Viv 300mm f/5.6 TX and a 2X TC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: A few photos with a Viv 300mm f/5.6 TX and a 2X TC Reply with quote

These two lens seem to like each other.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those are some amazing shots! particularly the bird in flight!

what shutter speed do you need to freeze the bird? I find that 1/250 is often not enough... so that is 600mm f11? I can't imagine how you can get above 1/250 with f11 aperture..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots with that combo....I have a feeder like the one shown & a bird got stuck in it yesterday. I had to break off part of a feeder port to attempt to free it. It was very weak, I gave it some water (dipped my finger in some water & dropped a drop or so in it's beak) but it had been trapped too long & it died...Now I am wanting to get a different style feeder...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orly_andico wrote:
those are some amazing shots! particularly the bird in flight!

what shutter speed do you need to freeze the bird? I find that 1/250 is often not enough... so that is 600mm f11? I can't imagine how you can get above 1/250 with f11 aperture..

Thanks Orly. Here is the EXIF from the photo.

I have no idea either but the exif says 1/350, f/0 as this was in manual aperture use and I know I was shooting f/8 and f/11 all afternoon. ISO 560, ev 0, 900mm 35mm equivalent. I used a tripod and the sun was just about to go down and was throwing a good beam of sunlight right on the feeder.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:
Nice shots with that combo....I have a feeder like the one shown & a bird got stuck in it yesterday. I had to break off part of a feeder port to attempt to free it. It was very weak, I gave it some water (dipped my finger in some water & dropped a drop or so in it's beak) but it had been trapped too long & it died...Now I am wanting to get a different style feeder...

Sorry to hear about that Scott. Nothing like that here so far.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Big Dawg"]
orly_andico wrote:

I have no idea either but the exif says 1/350, f/0 as this was in manual aperture use and I know I was shooting f/8 and f/11 all afternoon. ISO 560, ev 0, 900mm 35mm equivalent. I used a tripod and the sun was just about to go down and was throwing a good beam of sunlight right on the feeder.

At f/8 or f/11 and 1/350, the light must be still quite bright for you to shot. Nice shots. How long were you there shooting to be able to get so many nice bird shots?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="my_photography"]
Big Dawg wrote:
orly_andico wrote:

At f/8 or f/11 and 1/350, the light must be still quite bright for you to shot. Nice shots. How long were you there shooting to be able to get so many nice bird shots?

These were from my front porch. I spend several hours there every day.