Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider 28/2.8 PC Super Angulon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Schneider 28/2.8 PC Super Angulon Reply with quote

Since I was recently whining about how no-one seems to make primes any more, its only fair that I post about a new (to me) prime which I just stumbled upon.

The Schneider 28/2.8 PC Super Angulon looks like it might be a medium format lens converted to a shift (but not tile) lens? Rather like the Arsat lenses?

A review of sorts here says it has lower distortion and better ergonomics than the equivalent Nikon tilt/shift.
It available from Robert White in Nikon mount as standard and a variety of other mounts to special order. Its priced similar to most TS lenses, ie expensive: Ł1045

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Chris!
What story did you find for your wife about the Ł1045 Cool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Congrats Chris!
What story did you find for your wife about the Ł1045 Cool

Unfortunately "stumbled upon" means "found out it exists" not "purchased".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to mount Angulon on Canon EOS?
I am looking the other day into this old model Schneider - Kreuznach - Angulon 1:6.8/90 lens. I am not sure what is the mount type on it. Some says mount could be removed.
Thanks,
Z

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Schneider 28/2.8 PC Super Angulon Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:

The Schneider 28/2.8 PC Super Angulon looks like it might be a medium format lens converted to a shift (but not tile) lens?

I believe it was designed for 24x36mm from the outset - Schneider also made (maybe still make) the 35mm PA (or sometimes PC) Curtagon. I'm not sure if the latter was the first 'perspective control' type lens for the 35mm film format ... maybe the 35mm PC Nikkor might have been first.