Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for a M42 to Oly 4/3 adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Looking for a M42 to Oly 4/3 adapter Reply with quote

It's for my Oly E-330.
I got one from eBay but it doesn't have flange to push the aperture pin neither chip for focus confirmation. So it's quite basic. However I've been able to use the non pinned lenses with some success:

This is a sample of the E-330 with the OEM Tamron 135mm disguised as "WeltBlick":

But I would like to use the other adapters other than wide open and without the need of modifying the lens.

Does anybody know about such an adapter?.

Kind regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

russian M42-4/3 adapter with aperture pin blocking:

http://oly43club.ru/index.php?p=howtobuy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it Jes, nice good working adapter.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Attila, I'll go for it...

Kind regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than using this adapter, are there any other tricks to lock the pin in place? I will never need it to be free again. I've got a couple of old m42 Yashinon lenses I might like to try.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you open end of lens, you able to figure out how to push pin permanently without make damage on lens with a piece of card board or similar.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I think if you open end of lens, you able to figure out how to push pin permanently without make damage on lens with a piece of card board or similar.

If I could see how to open the rear of the lens, perhaps. There are no screws or even notches for a spanner, perhaps it is something I need to use a rubber cup to remove.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very strange, I wish you luck to solve it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Very strange, I wish you luck to solve it.

Took the easy way out and just put a little bend in the pin then shoved it in. I don't think the lens had any real value.

Went outside and took a quick shot at f/5.6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It produce great result ! Which lens is this ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
It produce great result ! Which lens is this ?

It is a 1972 vintage Yashica Yashinon 50mm/2

It focuses very smoothly and the aperture ring has a light touch but with nice click stops. No half stops like on the Konicas though.

The lens diagram is above.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The china's chip thick and have problems with some lenses:

russian chip thin:

http://oly43club.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=230

and Also compatible with all known M42 lenses

i used him with this M42 lens:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cledry wrote:
Other than using this adapter, are there any other tricks to lock the pin in place? I will never need it to be free again. I've got a couple of old m42 Yashinon lenses I might like to try.

A little late on my answer. I have used GEL super glue with great success, it doesn't run down into the lens as fast as the original super glue. A quick dab in the area, push the pin in with a wooden toothpick, apply a small dab of instant set and its done. If the tooth pick gets stuck, trim it off.

I use this when a lens won't work with my bellows.