Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon AR 40/1.8 + Sony Alpha 900.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Konica Hexanon AR 40/1.8 + Sony Alpha 900. Reply with quote

A friend asked me if she could use her old Konica Hexanon lenses on her Sony Alpha 900. Anyone have any idea? I know nothing of Konica, Minolta nor Sony.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only cam to use Hex lenses (with infinity) are 4/3 cams. Maybe it could
be used on the Sony, but no infinity focus. Pity, such great glass.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konica has 40,5mm register distance one of the shortest from all SLR. Best idea to use them these days on micro 4/3 and Konica film cameras.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konica Hexanon will working on Olympus 4/3 cameras. I personally owned 2 of them, 50mm f1.7 and 28mm f3.5.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krisgage wrote:
Konica Hexanon will working on Olympus 4/3 cameras. I personally owned 2 of them, 50mm f1.7 and 28mm f3.5.

With conversion only unfortunately.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Krisgage wrote:

With conversion only unfortunately.

Yup. Thanks for adding info

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use Konica lenses without conversion on µ4/3 cameras. I use a Hexanon 40/1.8 on my Panasonic and love it.

/Erik

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blunderstein wrote:
You can use Konica lenses without conversion on µ4/3 cameras. I use a Hexanon 40/1.8 on my Panasonic and love it.

/Erik

As I suggested before this is the perfect solution, they are Japanese "Zeiss". I will follow you soon when I have enough money to purchase a Panasonic G-1.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used Konica Hexanon lenses on both 4/3 and micro 4/3, but it is most convenient on micro 4/3.

A "conversion" for 4/3 is not much of a conversion at all. All you need to do is make a spacer (or buy off ebay for about $6 + postage. Search for "Adapter Konica Olympus 4/3", but I couldn't see one on ebay today. Make sure you don't buy the micro 4/3 by mistake.) , and remove the aperture arm. The lens then mounts DIRECTLY onto the 4/3 camera.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am afraid most lens cannot be adapted to Minolta/Sony A mount with just an adapter. If your friend wish to use manual lens on A900, she ought to seek among the M42 lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blah. That sucks. I was really looking into the Sony for MF lenses. Since it's a fullformat stabilized body. Oh well. Can't get it all I guess.
Smile

Thanks for all help, the lady with the A900 wanted me to forward.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
Blah. That sucks. I was really looking into the Sony for MF lenses. Since it's a fullformat stabilized body. Oh well. Can't get it all I guess.
Smile

You can say that again. I am a A700 user and am trying to find alternative lens for my Minolta/Sony camera.

For specific Sony/Minolta questions, perhaps you can point your friend to www.dyxum.com.