Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenit 100/1,5?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Zenit 100/1,5? Reply with quote

Near my house are selling a Zenit 100/1,5.

I never saw it before.

Cine? UV? Photo?

Anybody knows?

Thanks. Rino.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be from a night vision system, I saw such lens types. The Russians made quite a few of these types of lenses for that near infrared application. It would need to be tested out for visual photography since usually the coating is different. If you look through it to sky or a white sheet of paper, is the glass colorless or how does it look like? These lesnes are not color corrected so do show quite some CA (chromatic aberration) and usually the glass appears yellow (it is the IR transmissive coating) if you look through, blueish is the reflection of the coating. [I have similar lenses]

Last edited by kds315* on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one ?

http://www.zenit-camera.com/night_vision_nv_1001_m.htm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Could be from a night vision system, I saw such lens types. The Russians made quite a few of these types of lenses for that near infrared application. It would need to be tested out for visual photography since usually the coating is different. If you look through it to sky or a white sheet of paper, is the glass colorless or how does it look like? These lesnes are not color corrected so do show quite some CA (chromatic aberration) and usually the glass appears yellow (it is the IR transmissive coating) if you look through, blueish is the reflection of the coating. [I have similar lenses]

Thank you, very much.

Night vision system, sure.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
This one ?

http://www.zenit-camera.com/night_vision_nv_1001_m.htm

Hi Luis. Thank you.

The lens that I saw is older, I think. But for the same job. Sure.

Rino.