Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

E Ludwig Meritar 50mm 2.9 Exakta mount on the Olympus E-330
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: E Ludwig Meritar 50mm 2.9 Exakta mount on the Olympus E-330 Reply with quote

A nice colouring and quite sharp lens that I use often.

Some test shots:

Regards.

Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: E Ludwig Meritar 50mm 2.9 Exakta mount on the Olympus E- Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:

Regards.

Jes.

I've just bought one which should be here in a day or 2. I've never heard it referred to as sharp. Your images don't look overly soft but they aren't what I call sharp. They do have a certain character though which is what drew me to it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: E Ludwig Meritar 50mm 2.9 Exakta mount on the Olympus E- Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Jesito wrote:

Regards.

Jes.

I've just bought one which should be here in a day or 2. I've never heard it referred to as sharp. Your images don't look overly soft but they aren't what I call sharp. They do have a certain character though which is what drew me to it.

Well they may be not really tack sharp, but the lens is far sharper than I expected, specially in comparison with other around 50mm Exakta lenses I own, like the Cassaron 40mm 3.5 or the simple Domiplans.
What most appeals me from this lens is the colouring and the nice match it does with the Olympus sensor.

Looking forward to see your samples.
BTW, which camera are you going to use with this lens?.

Regards,

Jes.

Last edited by Jesito on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jes

I bow to your greater knowledge of Exakta lenses. Not something I have any experience with. I have heard the Domiplan is a stinker though.

I'll test mine initially on the Canon 40D, but main uses will be on my M42 bodies (as mine's in M42 mount). I liked the way it gave a retro look on B+W images, but seeing some colour samples posted, I think it could do quite well as it seems to saturate well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jes

Mine arrived today and posted about it in another thread. It seems the same model as yours.

I don't suppose you know the filter/lens cap size do you? I don't like not having one in place when travelling.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't look to good really good Exakta lens this is my opinion too based on samples I don't have personal experience with this lens.CZJ Pancolar 50mm f2, Biotar 58mm f2, Tessar 50mm f2.8 , Meyer Domigor 50mm also very sharp from all above Tessar is cheapest but good one.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like very much the composition of the penultimate picture. Great shot.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 with John. I wonder how many British warships were sunk by that old cannon! Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
+1 with John. I wonder how many British warships were sunk by that old cannon! Wink

Hopefully none Wink
It was only a discouraging weapon. A single cannon could do very little to a well armed british ship...
It was setup to protect against the Turkish warships that infestate the Mediterranean, quite long ago.
Now that I'm back from holidays I will be using it as a test target for the new cameras that are sitting on top of my mail basquet Smile

Kind regards,

Jes.