Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rudbeckia fulgida ... and a guest
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Rudbeckia fulgida ... and a guest Reply with quote

Well, another one of my "exotic flower" series. Today a Rudbeckia fulgida as butterflies might see it (UV = BLue + Green + Red). Notice that bright blue=UV dot in the center and the white "landing platform pattern" on the petals around the center.

When I shot shat, I noticed that I have brought a guest with me, so I waited for the right moment...

This is the visual light image for comparison (as we humans see it):

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus

Is that a ladybug? Your usual astonishing insight into an unknown world

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed this photo as well as your explanation. Made me think about the nature of perceived reality. A very interesting side of photography. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, appreciate that my work(s) seems to find some interest - I quite wondered if it would be too exotic (i.e. needing special knowledge) to get appreciated.

And yes, that is a ladybug!