Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Today... Praktica PLC2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Today... Praktica PLC2 Reply with quote

I have a box of bodies - camera bodies - that came with lenses. They've been sitting, unloved and near abandoned, in a corner out of sight.
So I'm going to revive them one at a time.
First in the queue is a Praktica PLC2. The electric type with the auto aperture thingy. But I took it out with a Flektogon 35/2.8 that I'd been wanting to try with film since I cleaned it up over a year ago.
The camera needed a new door seal, made from the felt from an old film canister, and a bit of a clean, but was otherwise working fine apart from the meter which was over exposing by nearly a stop. That was easy to compensate for and it worked very well with just an AA battery after scrubbing the contacts. It seems it has a bridge circuit and relies on differences rather that absolute voltages.
So this week, I have mainly been using this Praktica - as they might have said on the Fast Show.

Stay tuned for next weeks release.... A Konica Autoreflex TC.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd resurrected one for my brother in law, these are fun cameras...

But now, your photographs are another matter altogether. They are wonderful, classic, classy, human... and manage to suggest the vintage when the PLC2 was new. Really super!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
I'd resurrected one for my brother in law, these are fun cameras...

But now, your photographs are another matter altogether. They are wonderful, classic, classy, human... and manage to suggest the vintage when the PLC2 was new. Really super!

Thanks! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are really great bodies. Maybe some find them laughable and stuff, but they produce wonderful pictures, as you have posted. Those cameras have that little something that make them special, you can't explain Very Happy

I had a L2 which unfortunately had stucked shutter, bought a MTL5 to use m42's but it was too much : batteries , needle to indicate exposure... meh ! i wanted more vintage end gone for a fantastic L in black Praktica that a guy was selling on the net for 17€, camera works great.

so long live to yours Cool

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:
Those are really great bodies. Maybe some find them laughable and stuff, but they produce wonderful pictures, as you have posted. Those cameras have that little something that make them special, you can't explain Very Happy

I had a L2 which unfortunately had stucked shutter, bought a MTL5 to use m42's but it was too much : batteries , needle to indicate exposure... meh ! i wanted more vintage end gone for a fantastic L in black Praktica that a guy was selling on the net for 17€, camera works great.

so long live to yours Cool

First generation L-series in black are somewhat scarce compared to chrome ones, and they sure look good.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey many thanks to sharing! Nice to see this great cameras in action!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots.

I have one of these cameras too, gotten from some Hungarian fella Laughing

Are you using one of the "electric" lenses or non.I know I wasn't having a great time with mine and non electric lenses, though I loved the feel. Maybe after using the Pentacon Six TL thing may mesh?

Jim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

j.lukow wrote:
Nice shots.

I have one of these cameras too, gotten from some Hungarian fella Laughing

Are you using one of the "electric" lenses or non.I know I wasn't having a great time with mine and non electric lenses, though I loved the feel. Maybe after using the Pentacon Six TL thing may mesh?

Jim

It's a non electric lens, but it has a pin and a stop down button for DOF preview. So sort of like using a non electric Praktica - you can meter wide open, then it's just about focus and pushing the button!