Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor H 3.5/28
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Nikkor H 3.5/28 Reply with quote

I have posted some pics from this lens before when I bought it, but now I feel that it could be time to do that again since I have used it for a while.
As I understand it it's not one of the famous Nikkor lenses, but for the type of photography I normally do, it seems to consistently give good result.
Maybe not so high contrast, but sharp and with nice colors.
It's also very resistant to flare.
Maybe I have been lucky with this specific sample.
Some captures from last week:

Ruins of an old monastery

100% crop

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Man! This is your lens! Stunning! I like colors , details! Great captures ! Love them all!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Attila!

I guess that the fact that I'm using this lens on a crop camera contributes to the result. In FX format it's supposed to have vignetting and be less sharp in the corners.
I really like the solid build standard and the all-metal focus ring.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! These old Nikkors rock!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sven wrote:
Thanks a lot Attila!

I guess that the fact that I'm using this lens on a crop camera contributes to the result. In FX format it's supposed to have vignetting and be less sharp in the corners.
I really like the solid build standard and the all-metal focus ring.

I never care corners mostly important things always in center. Nikon make damn good cameras I love their output.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow !

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I truly appreciate this from a selfish perspective, as I'll build a modest Nikkor film kit.

Photographically, wow. You are talented and know how to get the most out of the equipment.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great demonstration of an overlooked lens. Subsequent versions of this lens were nowhere near as good until the close focus 2.8 came along.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!
Your comments are appreciated.

I guess whats happens after having tried a number of lenses for a period of time, is that some favorites emerge which fit the way one usually take photos.
On the Nikkor side this lens is becoming one of them.