Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rangefinder Advantage
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Rangefinder Advantage Reply with quote

I still prefer the rangefinder camera in low light - no problem focusing on the subject's left eye even in the dim lighting of this Viennese cafe ... no way I could do that with my K10D and a 35mm f2.8 manual focus lens...

Leitz Summaron 35mm f2.8 at full aperture

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what these rangefinder lenses were for - to take pictures of pretty women in dim cafes.

The quiet shutter also helps.

Classic subject, well done.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Rangefinder Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Thats what these rangefinder lenses were for - to take pictures of pretty women in dim cafes.

Thank you for the kind comment !

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:

Laughing Laughing Great comment for a great capture! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice atmosphere, great portrait, well done!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could not agree with any of you more.

Excellent use if the light, lens, and subject.
You really have a great shot here.

Was this c41 b+w dye film or converted color??

It does not look like digital or traditional B+W.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Rangefinder cameras Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Could not agree with any of you more.

Excellent use if the light, lens, and subject.
You really have a great shot here.

Was this c41 b+w dye film or converted color??

It does not look like digital or traditional B+W.

Thanks to F16SUNSHINE and everyone else who has said kind things about this picture ... but I must now confess to a silly error in putting it in the "Film" section. It was actually taken on a Leica M8 digicam ... raw image file converted to b/w with a little added contrast. I'm no expert at processing raw images yet but I like the idea of creating b/w pictures.

F16 is quite correct in saying it doesn't look like traditional b/w, it certainly doesn't look like a print would - rather it reminds me of the old Agfa-Gevaert DiaDirect b/w reversal film.

Perhaps the moderator should move this from the Film to the Digital section? Once again, my apologies for the mistake.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great photo and super comment..Very Happy
just got to love the dress and position of the waiter, oh sorry, 'Ober' as we say in Vienna, and the deep background...immediately recognizable as an old traditional Viennese coffee shop.
very well done!