Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tele-Ennalyt 135mm: Aperture doesn't close
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Tele-Ennalyt 135mm: Aperture doesn't close Reply with quote

Hi all,
after using this site for weeks now to gather all necessary information fo my foray into the world of m42 lenses i have finally signed up.
I am using as my standard lens a Flektogon as you may have guessed. Recently I bought a Praktica with three lenses, a Pancolar, which was my real target, a Hanimex 2.8/35 and a Tele-Ennalyt 2.8/135.

Now the Hanimex is astonishingly well built, a heavy solid metal body with smooth movements. The Ennalyt is apparently in good shape too, however the aperture doesn't close whatever I try.

It has an auto switch and an aperture pin. Any idea what the problem could be and if it's possible to fix the lens? Obviously I'm not looking for a professional repair as the lens is just too cheap to spend much money on it.

Thanks, and again: great site with very knowledgable users!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Flek2835,

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay ...

For what concerns your lens, the Ennalyt has an Auto/Man switch. If it is in Auto mode, the diaphragm blades will not close, unless the lens is mounted on an M42 camera body. So, try to set the switch in Manual mode, so that the lens will work as a "normal" stop-down lens ...

Hope this helps

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: man switch Reply with quote

Hi indianadinos

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately neither the switch nor pressing the pin helps. Regardless of what I do the aperture blades are wide open.