Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

won another Exakta 500
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: won another Exakta 500 Reply with quote

This is one of my favorite SLRs, so had to get another for backup:

Click here to see on Ebay

It has the Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Primotar E 3.5/50 lens there are pictures in
the lens section but no examples. Is this lens a good one? Hopefully better
than the 3.5/30 Pentacon I recently purchased? Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primotar-E... if your example is a good one, it would be a little like the Trioplan but much more well-tempered, would not go nuts and bite you when you're not looking. Try a roll of FP4 or Plus-X, rated normally, photographing child portraits in natural light and you will see what I mean.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of Primotar in different focal lengths only pre-war is very nice others are average. 80mm f3.5 P6 super crap ... Don't expect too much.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's super nice... I've yet to dip into Exakta though I have an Exakta T4 adapter already...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seele, thanks, I'll try a roll of Arista Premium 400 (Tri-X me-too that
Freestyle sells) and see what happens.

Attila, thanks, I like this particular Exakta, reminds me of a Nash Metropolitan
coupe, and have other lenses for the cam as well.

Nesster, try one of these, I think you'll like it. Yeah the shutter is on the left,
but I like it there, anyway. My 2nd Koni Omega arrived yesterday, looks in
great shape!

Thanks again, fellas.