Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Aetna Coligon 100/2.5 - test shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Aetna Coligon 100/2.5 - test shots Reply with quote

I won this mystery lens a while back in Exakta mount, and performed a very easy mount swap, please see here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/mystery-lens-aetna-coligon-100-2-5-t17473,highlight,aetna.html

Here are some test shots (all totally untouched, straight RAW to JPG conversion):

The lovely lady @ f4

The not so lovely statue (well he's not my type!) at f4

Wide open at f2.5

f4

f4

f2.5

Overall I really like it...the lens is very, very sharp at f4 and has fabulous bokeh throughout! I found the lens a little soft at f2.5, hence not many shots here. Wish I'd kept them but was on holiday and trying to save card space, booo!

I didn't mention before, but this mystery lens cost a whopping £14.50 including postage Cool I'm pleased Smile

F16 asked a while back for a picture of the mount underneath the screw on mount, well I'm not going to take the Aetna to bits again for a bit, but here's the lens I stole the M42 mount from, and shares the same under mount bit!

It's flat with the t-mount-a-like screw on adapter screwing directly onto the flat surface, hence the screw marks.

Last edited by ManualFocus-G on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice lens, Sankor probably, and from the early 1960's probably.

The not-quite-a-T-mount feature is also interesting. I may have a couple of variations on this on what seem to be Tamron and Komine lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Very nice lens, Sankor probably, and from the early 1960's probably.

The not-quite-a-T-mount feature is also interesting. I may have a couple of variations on this on what seem to be Tamron and Komine lenses.

Yep, it looks very much like my Sankor 135 preset Smile I might have to start looking around for other old lenses with unpopular mounts in case of other "convertibles" Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relayer wrote:
hmm ... but who is the real vendor of this lens? I have in same design HANSA 2.8/135

That looks identical to my Sankor, so Sankor I presume Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sankor indeed, I have the same 135/2.8 in Accura brand.

Sankor was actually the house brand used by Nissin Optical Mfg. - like "Nikkor" by Nippon Kogaku (later Nikon), or "Komine" by Nittoh Kogaku, or Kiron by Kino Precision.