Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Price for a Zuiko 18mm 3,5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Price for a Zuiko 18mm 3,5 Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm new in this forum. My name is Johannes and I'm living and studying in Germany. Since two years I'm in the foto-feaver and six month ago I bought my first MF-lenses (Zuiko OM 28 2.0, 50 1.4, 50 1.8 and 135 2.8, Tokina 35-105 and a OM2 - for this bunch I payed 220 Euros - was it ok? Conditions are very good, everything is working fine), which I adapted to my 5D. I really love to work with this old lenses.

Now I'm looking for an ultrawide-solution and I found an Zuiko OM 18mm 3.5 in good condition - the seller wants 500 Euro. When I searched in ebay for that lens, I only found high-"by-it-know"-prices starting at 850 Euro - but is anybody paying this amount of money?

Hope, someone can help me. Excuse my english, haven't written since my schooltime.

Hannes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome!

I've seen the zuiko 18mm going up to 700euros on fleabay in excellent condition. I've seen them too for 500 euros with some scratches, but of course, scratches in ultra wides could mean serious effect on the image quality. The lens flares and needs a lens shade badly, so if the filter ring is damaged, also consider passing on it. If you can check the lens in person and verify that everything is in working order i would say it's ok price, probably if you don't like it, you could put it on ebay for 600 euros and it would sell fast...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't used an 'ultrawide' before on your OM I'd try out a cheaper alternative first - maybe a Tamron 17mm - which you can find for under a hundred euro.
I think you got your OM gear for a reasonable price - the 28/2 is a good one.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpres wrote:
If you haven't used an 'ultrawide' before on your OM I'd try out a cheaper alternative first - maybe a Tamron 17mm - which you can find for under a hundred euro.
I think you got your OM gear for a reasonable price - the 28/2 is a good one.

I have both lens , they are not in same league of course. OM 18mm price is high always due rarity and quality.