Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panagor 135/2.8 samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Panagor 135/2.8 samples Reply with quote

So I got this lens today along with some others for practically nothing... It's hard to find a bad 135 and I think this lens showed that, it produced quite good in my opinion but as I've only had it for a day I can't really say.

I know practically nothing about it, so if anyone has some information about it please share!

Pictures are all taken at 2.8, except for the first one which was taken at f8 I think.., and they are not edited (so excuse me if they are a tad dark, I am really good at underexposing.....)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panagor was the imported brand name for Kino Precision (aka Kiron) lenses imported to Europe. In the later years, after the demise of Kino other makers used the Panagor name as well

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice first attempts Johanna - it's always problematic getting to "know" a new lens. Scott has given you a very precise history of the brand. Love the gooseberries

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very smooth bokeh here. I love the 135's for the 8-20 foot range. Very good still for portraits and flowers. I like your lens..and your photos aren't bad either. LOL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies! It's interesting to know some history of it, I have no prior experience with Kiron lenses so if it one of those it's certainly interesting.. I really like the colors it produces! Will test it further today.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johanna wrote:
Thanks for the replies! It's interesting to know some history of it, I have no prior experience with Kiron lenses so if it one of those it's certainly interesting.. I really like the colors it produces! Will test it further today.

Nice photos. Can you also post a picture of the lens itself?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimitrygo wrote:

Nice photos. Can you also post a picture of the lens itself?

Certainly!

I hope it helps to identify it (if I had been clever this would be the first thing I should would have posted, hah!)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

impressive results, difficult to focus 2.8 but it pay, I cannot choice favorites, they are all superb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panagor's were made by Kiron (Kino precision Industries) and are usually very good lenses.

KK