Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Tak 55mm F1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Super Tak 55mm F1.8 Reply with quote

I just won one of these on eBay for the absurd price of $9.95 plus shipping...There were no other bidders. It was listed under a Nikon lens search. I'm curious to know how this stacks up IQ wise. I'll be using it with an adapter on a Nikon...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lookin' forward to your pictures Scott. I just picked up an SMCT 55/2 in a box of stuff. I've read it's the same lens as the 1.8 but with a disk in it to choke it down to f2.

I have a friend that did a lot of shooting with the 55/1.8 in K mount. His pictures were always better than what I got from my Canon 50/1.8. I found out why when I got another Canon 1.8. Sticky diaphragm in my original!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

I've had one for 30 years. What can I say ? Superb, wonderful, first-class, etc. ad infinitum. My subjective opinion is that it beats the 50/1.4 Takumar.

Hi Bill!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like my copy of this lens on the Pentax K20... Really one of the unsung gems in the tak line IMO.

I do look forward to hearing / seeing how it does on the Nikon with the adaptor. Which Nikon and which adaptor, if you dont mind me asking?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
My subjective opinion is that it beats the 50/1.4

It really does.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
luisalegria wrote:
My subjective opinion is that it beats the 50/1.4

It really does.

+1

bokeh bokeh bokeh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus Helios wrote:
I do look forward to hearing / seeing how it does on the Nikon with the adaptor. Which Nikon and which adaptor, if you dont mind me asking?

I'll be shooting with it on a Nikon D70s. I have both the mechanical & optical adapters that I got off of eBay & I'll be trying it with both...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this message is outdated and deleted!

Last edited by Aykman on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb little lens Scott. Congrats.