Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Enjoying my Olympus Xa
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Enjoying my Olympus Xa Reply with quote

Picked up an Olympus XA recently. It seemed that nearly everyone who had one made glowing comments about it.

Haven't taken much apart from random around town shots, but I'm really pleased with the form factor, and lens performance.

Would love ISO 1600 support though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Olympus XA Reply with quote

It's a great little camera - unobtrusive, almost silent and with a good lens. And there's always push-processing if you need even higher film speeds!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Olympus XA Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
And there's always push-processing if you need even higher film speeds!

I couldn't get any ISO 800 B&W film locally, so I picked up some Neopan 1600. Was gonna rate it at 800 on the camera and pull-process in the development.

But it doesn't offer me faster shutter speeds in low light like a 1600 option on the camera would.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! The XA is a legend.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photography, I really like the bicycle.

The latest Tri-X - 400TX - has the same developing times for ASA 800 as for ASA 400.