Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to attach an EOS focus conf. chip to a bare M42 adapter?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: How to attach an EOS focus conf. chip to a bare M42 adapter? Reply with quote

Hello from Maine, USA

Well I have a (bare) M42 lens to EOS body adapter

I have an EOS focus confirmation chip that I can glue to it

However - I have no other adapters at this time to use as a guide, I don't know exactly where on the adapter to attach the chip...

I have an idea - maybe one of you who owns an "M42 lens to EOS adapter with focus confirmation chip" and a flatbed scanner can scan the adapter and I can use that as a template for attaching my chip Smile

Unless you have a better idea that seems like it would work. I used to have a few of those adapters and a bunch of M42 lenses but I sold them and went to autofocus digital. Now I am back to using manual lenses on Pentax film SLR Smile

I love Pentax K1000 Smile

Thank you,
Craig

Last edited by spystyle on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have an EOS lens? you could use it as the "template"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope this helps, scanned chipped M42 adapter:

http://www.eldaco.net/upload/hdri/adapter42.jpg

Just be careful not to shorten the contacts of your camera by misalignment of the chip!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies Smile

Yes I do have an EOS lens, I hadn't thought of using that as a guide

And thank you Carlsson for scanning your adapter Smile

I'll give it a try!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a while away, but scanning the forum again I stumbled upon your topic and remembered the results of a search I did recently.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobcominitaly wrote:
I have been a while away, but scanning the forum again I stumbled upon your topic and remembered the results of a search I did recently.

Thank you! The link is for OM adapter. Here's the link for M42-EF(EOS) adapter:

http://store.tagotech.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_37&products_id=139