Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 135/3.5 (M42) - SOLD
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 135/3.5 (M42) - SOLD Reply with quote

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 135/3.5 (M42)

zebra version

OPTICS: No scratches, cleaning marks or fungus. Some dust particles, which doesn't affect performance.
MECHANICS: Focusing is very smooth, aperture works fine. Focusing helicoid and iris blades were cleaned by professional serviceman, the lens should work without problems for many years.
COSMETICS: Very nice, only a few minor scratches on barrel.

Pictures of the lens will be available later.

Price: €46 + shipping

I accept PayPal (+3%) or MoneyBookers (+1%)

Last edited by no-X on Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! i'm looking for one of this 135mm, but i don't really know what's the difference between the zebra and MC version, which one is lighter and better for use wide open? Thanks in advance Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many differences between the zebra and black version, but overal performance is very close:

1. Zebra version has special aperture system, which corrects lost of light for close-up focusing (if you set e.g. to f/5, and then focus to 1m, iris will open sligthly more to correct the lost of light caused by bigger lens-film /lens-sensor/ distance). Black version doesn't have this feature.

2. Black version has MC layers, it's slightly more contrasty because of that.

3. Zebra version is built better - it has smoother focusing and I'd say less mechanical problems.

4. Black version has built-in lens hood. Not as good as classic independent lens hoods, but it doesn't consume any place in your photo bag

5. Many users (and even one of my repairmans) say, that zebra version is less variable in optical quality. It's possible and quite likely, but I must say, that no black version I have ever had in my hands, had any image quality issues (tested on APS-C sensor), so difference is probably subtle.

6. Black version has auto/manual switch, zebra version is auto - if you have M42 adapter with the flange, which keeps the aperture pin pushed, than it's no problem and you can use them both.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be it Zebra or Black, one of the must have MF lens. By the way, my first MF lens is a Sonnar 135.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think sharpness is identical, at least for these two copies - both wide opened, hand-held...

zebra:

black MC:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLD