Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

b&h auto 35/reflex - canon EXee
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: b&h auto 35/reflex - canon EXee Reply with quote

bell & howell auto 35, with canon ex 50/1.8 lens. the rascal still has the original price tag stuck to the base plate ($176, on sale for $124), and the camera auto aperature feature appears to work beautifully! it takes the standard px625 battery. user sets the shutter speed, ee mode sets the aperature. it's got a manual setting of sorts: aperature is set with the dial around the rewind crank; same dial with off setting and ee setting. it's got canon's quick load feature, too.

Last edited by fish4570 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll post a digital pic or two of it later tonight ...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bell&Howell was Mamiya/Osawa - you'll find more if you search for Mamiya.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it look like this?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's it, dof.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, it is a re-badged canon EX EE, introduced in 1969. the lens front element unit unscrews. other lense fronts are available, and are said to be reasonable in price. haven't checked ebay yet. the other front elements are 35, 95 and 125mm.

cool, huh?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stole an unfinished roll of walgreen 200 asa color from the A5, and finished the last 9 shots on the auto 35/reflex. meter/auto aperture seems to have worked perfectly, acording to the readings i was getting in the viewfinder, and boy what a bright viewfinder and HUGE fresnel focusing target. very, very snappy focusing aid. i smell a trip to walgreens in the next few minutes ...