Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leicaflex
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Leicaflex Reply with quote

Hi I have been given a Leciaflex mk1 SLR sn 1123648 with a Summicron -r 1:2/50 lens sn 2501068. It is in excellent condition except it will not cock the shutter.

1. Is this a know fault with this camera and can it be fixed.
2. Is it worth fixing?
3. Does anyone know a good Lecia repairer.

By the way I am a new member who has been lurking in the background. I normally use Pentax camera's of which I have a embarrassedly large number of (according to the wife !!)

So hello to everybody.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I know only one repair service in USA. Keh.com.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry should have said I am in S. Wales.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone sold a mint condition one of these, without the lens, for US$660 http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250456073551. The Summicron-r 50mm type 1 lens is valued at about $150.

I imagine you could get a repair done for much less than that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the group.

Try mailing these guys.

Info@cameraserviceone.com

UK based and a member of this forum.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the group, Royston

yes, we are here to help with Leica repairs --

please, contact us on this email in a case of ANY enquiry --

info@cameraserviceone.com

Thanks Andy for your recommendation ..!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I THINK this is a common problem with Leicaflex cameras, as there is a weak point in the shutter mechanism. I'll bet with the repair (and a CLA) by cameraserviceone, you are going to have a SWEET piece of gear!

Hard to beat getting the camera and lens for FREE! Wink Might as well bring it up to a good condition again, and you might have decades of shooting ahead of you with this fine camera.