Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

4th of July Infrared Fireworks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: 4th of July Infrared Fireworks Reply with quote

After a day of painting we went to the local fireworks show which was excellent. I went to Aquarina Springs which is an Eco-Park owned by Southwest Texas State university, to watch the happenings just a short way away.

The springs are huge. They feed a large several acre, deep lake and are the headwaters of the San Marcos River which runs several hundred miles into the Gulf of Mexico.

We were on a boardwalk over the swampy, shallow part of the lake when the fireworks started.

I shot with my clear glass converted 40D using a Cokin blue/yellow polarizer filter.

In this test shot for exposure is the waxing moon, a neat bonus.

As the fireworks started I noticed the reflections in the algae covered swamp right at my feet and decided to shoot mostly the reflections so here they are:

and this:

and this: (The old Dodge Logo, he he)

and during the finale with the moon:

I shot a many more but these are the first I processed.

Cheers

Jules