Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cleaning a Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon auto MC 35mm/F2.4 lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Cleaning a Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon auto MC 35mm/F2.4 lens Reply with quote

Hello!

I would like to clean my CZJ Flektogon auto MC 35mm/F2.4 lens. I came across this link:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/uusilehto/img/le … ss/disass/

But i am unable to proceed beyond Step 4.

After removing the 3 screws holding the aperture-lens assembly, the assembly refuses to come out as indicated by the guide.

I also note that my lens is different from the lens mentioned in the guide...mine is 'auto' and the example above is an 'electric'.

Has anyone dismantled this particular lens? I would appreciate some assistance-guidance on the same!

Thanks!

P.s: The above guide applies perfectly to the Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar electric MC 50mm/F1.8. I am having some problems with this lens and so dismantled it according to this guide with no problems whatsoever! Sadly, my problem is not rectified.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Cleaning a Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon auto MC 35mm/F2.4 l Reply with quote

sendhil76 wrote:
Hello!

I would like to clean my CZJ Flektogon auto MC 35mm/F2.4 lens. I came across this link:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/uusilehto/img/lenses/zeiss/disass/

But i am unable to proceed beyond Step 4.

After removing the 3 screws holding the aperture-lens assembly, the assembly refuses to come out as indicated by the guide.

I also note that my lens is different from the lens mentioned in the guide...mine is 'auto' and the example above is an 'electric'.

Has anyone dismantled this particular lens? I would appreciate some assistance-guidance on the same!

Thanks!

P.s: The above guide applies perfectly to the Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar electric MC 50mm/F1.8. I am having some problems with this lens and so dismantled it according to this guide with no problems whatsoever! Sadly, my problem is not rectified.

Link repaired.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John! Did not notice that while posting!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Cleaning a Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon auto MC 35mm/F2.4 l Reply with quote

sendhil76 wrote:

I've never had the need to clean the aperture assembly on this lens but I have worked on the CZJ Sonnar 3.5/135 which is similar. If I remember correctly, the "3 screws" were difficult to remove because they had been "locked" by a touch of varnish. If that is the case here then maybe the varnish seeped between the two parts you are trying to separate and is glueing them together.

Quote:

I think that the only difference is in the mount.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to know from the Manual Focus forum that there are different versions of the Flektogon 35mm/F2.4.

Mine has a minute screw on the barrel...which you get to see if you rotate the focus mechanism towards minimum focussing distance.

Now i am supposed to loosen this screw and unscrew the front element assembly...and then all will proceed as mentioned in the above mentioned guide.

I dont intent to take apart the aperture assembly as its working like it should. (I have also been warned that its quite a task to put it back together!)

I intent to clean the optics and re-assemble the lens. So now i will try out whats been suggested and i will post my results here!

Thanks and stay well.