Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya Sekor SF 150 4 for RB67
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject: Mamiya Sekor SF 150 4 for RB67 Reply with quote

edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are very good Bernhard.
This lens has a reputation for being one of the best SF lenses around.
Not small but not unbearably cumbersome at the same time.
Thanks for these
OH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this lens very much, too. It has a very nice balance between sharp and soft.

Unfortunately it is to big and heavy for being comfortable in use on any FF or APS-C digital camera. But the glass itself is not so heavy, the Mamiya mount and shutter are heavy. That's why I extracted the front and rear lens groups and tried to remount them in a normal Copal#1 shutter, but they don't fit (the front group doesn't fit). I don't know what standard they are, probably the ultra-rare Copal#2 or some sort of Mamiya standard.
Then I've made an lathe adapter with a diaphragm but, being made of brass, it was heavier than I'd like it to be. I need to remake the adapter using Aluminium and to make it fit my Speed Booster (150mm is a little too much for me on APS-C) but, for some reasons, this project faded away for almost 2 years. Your photos remind me of the unfinished project. I need to complete it one of these days.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernhardas wrote:
It caught my attention as it was one of the few "modern" imagon inspired lenses. And it is amazingly cheap compared to a proper imagon.
The lens itself is on the bigger side but still tolerable. However the contraption to connect it to the camera, is quite unhandy in itself.
I find it cumbersome that the distance setting is in the slim part in the middle. Not a good grip.

Yes, it was its cheapness that attracted me to this lens initially, and it was the first RB67 lens that I acquired.
Then a friend made an adapter for me, but I have found the same problem as Bernhard in the focus setup - it isn't fast or intuitive but it does work - even if cumbersome when combined with managing aperture.
Here is mine
OH

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernhardas wrote:
Hmmm the shutter works perfectly with the novoflex adapter. I just leave it always open.
I have been wondering if fast 1/400 flash sync would be possible.

Set the camera to a longer time like 2 or 4 seconds with the shutter closed and then release the camera shutter and immediately afterwards the lens shutter.

Very, very awkward workflow, but i might try it next weekend just to see if it can be done. I am also not sure that the small increase from the current sync time is worth the hassle.

This would be a very interesting experiment.
I don't do flash photography at all but I have often thought about it.
I look forward to your thoughts
OH