Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Film SLR Phenix with Nikon Mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Film SLR Phenix with Nikon Mount Reply with quote

I read this and thought it could be of some interest to some of you.

Phenix Chinese Optics Launches film reflex Nikon mount

Like old times: a film reflex manual focus.

This is what offers the Chinese manufacturer Phenix Optics and the device is called DN 60.

Based on a Nikon mount, this unit has a mechanical shutter focal plane (speed 1s to 1/2000s with Bulb and synchronization with the flash at 1/125s).

The SPD cell is weighted Central. The level of exposure is indicated by 3 LEDs.

Issued by the British Firstcall (www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk), DN 60 is about 200 euros (189.99 pounds).

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a dead project really , I don't see potential buyers around this cam.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree Attila.

Strange project and for the price we can have fine old bargains.

For the price, anybody interested in my Canon EOS 500N with a Sigma AF 28-200mm f3.8-5.6 aspherical ? Laughing

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, that's pricey compared to a usable second hand Nikon body, which would probably be more reliable.

i hope they do well from it, but I somehow doubt it.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I wanted to spend 200 euros for a Nikon-mount film camera, I would
look for a good F2 body...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange that some company is still coming out with new film camera. And the price is also not helping.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
Strange that some company is still coming out with new film camera. And the price is also not helping.

Prices of film cameras are down really they are cheap like chips and fish , impossible to make them on attractive price this is not a surprise. Idea is dead to make new "noname" ones when plenty of second hand available from top brands.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably is way too pricey and other than that i don't know if you can really bring a Nikon user to choose among this camera and a truly nikon one, knowing that Nikon has its tradition and its users know this and will choose consequently.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one does look somewhat like the one launched by Kenko a while ago, but I was certain it was OEM'ed to someone else. Another thing is that Phenix might think that, as Cosina is doing quite well with the Bessas, it might be able to jump on the film camera bandwagon. Of course this camera has no USP, and the price is not going to help at all.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't forget that China is the largest market for photography.

It is probably very cheap to produce a traditional SLR, the seling price is probably 10~20x their cost.

Also, i think it is a step toward producing DSLR, first get mechanical parts done and then roll out ...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex,

By the look of it, it seems like a revamped Yashica FX-3, which Phenix had been building for Yashica/Kyocera for some time, along with some variations, IIRC.

So it is basically re-releasing an established camera, rather than a step towards a new DSLR, which for a company like Phenix, would be a most risky step to take: see how the various camera manufacturers fell by the wayside trying to produce a sustainable DSLR system, such as Contax, Kodak (abeit relying on Canon and Nikon to supply the camera portions), and Minolta (even though the spirit lives in the Sony cameras).