Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[SOLD] Voigtländer Apo-Lanthar 180mm f4 SL Close Focus, BNIB
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: [SOLD] Voigtländer Apo-Lanthar 180mm f4 SL Close Focus, BNIB Reply with quote

I listed this over at Pentaxforums, which was promptly deleted because apparently listing more than one BNIB item constitutes "commercial reseller" activity that I have to "purchase" a special account for Rolling Eyes

After changing their site rules and forcing me to make a contribution to make any market place listing, I just was not going to go there, especially since I am not a commercial entity. Funny, when they do things like that, it makes me want to contribute more to this forum Laughing Look out for more donations coming your way, Attila Very Happy

Anyway, a little similar to the Apo-Lanthar 90/3.5 posting I made a short while ago, but this time I've already made the purchase and the lenses are on their way. A copy & paste from the Pentaxforums listing:

------------------------
What I have: BNIB Voigtländer Apo-Lanthar 180mm f4 SL Close Focus lens for PK-A mount. I have three of them for sale (bought four, keeping one for meself).

They are brand new, purchased June 2009, and come with factory warranty (although I cannot guarantee how/if you can get warranty service outside of Japan, where the item was purchased, and where Cosina resides).

This is a discontinued lens, and is extremely rare (I haven't seen one on sale on Ebay at all recently), and a BNIB version is pretty much impossible to come across. Here's your chance.

The lenses are currently en route to Boston, MA, and I will not ask you to pay me until they are here, and ready to be shipped. You just need to be among the first three people to contact me to reserve your spots. If I cannot find 3 people in the next week or so when the lenses arrive, I will put what is left up on Ebay for $600 BIN.

Buyer pays for shipping and Paypal fees, if applicable. Paypal fees include: Cross-border fee if your Paypal account is not a US account (3.9%), and Credit Card fee, if you are going to fund the payment using your credit card, debit card, or Paypal Credit (2.9%). If you are going to fund the payment using your Paypal balance or your linked bank account, this fee will not apply. I will also accept personal checks, USPS money orders, bank wire, etc., anything, really, as long as we agree that I will ship the item only when the payment clears.

I don't have too many transactions here yet, but you can check out my 100% feedback score for Ebay user ID "ciguatera303".

Thanks for checking this out.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
New
Mint

Item Location
Boston, MA

Shipping Charge
Actual, using USPS Priority or better

Shipping Services
USPS, UPS, FedEx

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Asking Price: $525US

Additional Details
Quantity: 3
-----------------------

I've already been contacted by two people who have committed, so there is only 1 more left up for grabs.

Last edited by rawhead on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:29 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are idiots , why they deleted your message?!

This is a great opportunity I hope these lenses found new home at our members.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
People are idiots , why they deleted your message?!

This is a great opportunity I hope these lenses found new home at our members.

It's too bad, really, because just the other day, a person there sold the same lens, 2 years used, without original box or obviously warranty, for $100 more than this price. I could easilty put this on Ebay for more money, but I thought I'd give back to the Pentax community there, but apparently anytime anybody puts up more than one BNIB item, he/she is considered doing commercial activitiy, and you need a "commercial reseller account" which is like a monthly subscription plan.

I simply refuse to pay something like that (I already "paid" a mandatory donation, because they recently changed the rules that if you don't have 1,000 posts Shocked you *have* to donate in order to post anything for sale). I don't do this commercially, I can't make a living off of selling 3 very rare lenses once in a blue moon. The 3 lenses will fund the fourth one that I will keep for myself, and that's about it. That's not commercial activity. Sigh.

Anyway, I might have to redirect one or two people to this post, as I know interest for the PK-A mount will be very high over there. Thanks for hosting this sans a mandatory tribute Rolling Eyes Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo rawhead,

sorry that I do not buy one of yours. I have one of my own. It is my favourite lens, relly great. It is the missing DA Limted, so to speak.

But mybe you can give me some information. I will be flying to Boston next Thursday (from Germany) and I will spent 2 weeks in the Cape Cod area.

Are there any good camera dealers in Boston (best would be Center or Harvard or Cambridge) or in the cape area? Someone carrying Pentax gear? Used Equipment? Domke bags?
I don't like stores like Ritz/Wolf/Circuit City.....

Thank you
doo-bop

PS.: your offer ist doing the round in german camera boards

PS2. Looks like I have done something wrong with the picture upload.
What is wrong with that?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi doo-bop,

Your image should appear in this reply; they make it so your first post won't show images.

Anyway, I'm sorry to say, there's nothing of interest in Boston, really, and unfortunately. There are some thrift shops, etc., where you might find used gear, but the only store front that I know of that will definitely have used gear is EP Levine

http://www.eplevine.com/

near the Boston Inner Harbor. Nothing notable around Harvard Squre (there's one shop that carries used gear, but it's tiny and... well, it's tiny...., what can I say? You'll find Nikon and Canon gear, but Pentax? Forget it Smile).

I really wish there were a place I could visit regularly to see "what's new". It's all on the 'Bay these days.

Good to hear there's interest on German boards! Let people know, there are 2 more up for grabs; these will be one of the last BNIB versions of this lens ever, no exaggeration Smile

doo-bop wrote:
Hallo rawhead,

sorry that I do not buy one of yours. I have one of my own. It is my favourite lens, relly great. It is the missing DA Limted, so to speak.

But mybe you can give me some information. I will be flying to Boston next Thursday (from Germany) and I will spent 2 weeks in the Cape Cod area.

Are there any good camera dealers in Boston (best would be Center or Harvard or Cambridge) or in the cape area? Someone carrying Pentax gear? Used Equipment? Domke bags?
I don't like stores like Ritz/Wolf/Circuit City.....

Thank you
doo-bop

PS.: your offer ist doing the round in german camera boards

PS2. Looks like I have done something wrong with the picture upload.
What is wrong with that?
Code:
[img]http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20096/1570_IMGP0249_1.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
Good to hear there's interest on German boards! Let people know, there are 2 more up for grabs; these will be one of the last BNIB versions of this lens ever, no exaggeration Smile

Two more of the same lens??

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
rawhead wrote:

Two more of the same lens??

Yes, two more Apo-Lanthar 180/4 SL Close Focus, PK-A mount.

Incidentally, I just got a message from one of the mods there; apparently, now that they "know" I purchased the lenses for resale, I now need the "special reseller account" to even post ONE of them in their market place Rolling Eyes Oooooh, they have my secret.

It's ridiculous, so I'm not bothering to post there any more. I wish I could take back the money I donated just a couple weeks ago, as I will never post in their market place again, but oh well. A lesson learned.

Any way, I'd appreciate it if people could spread the word around. I wish I could let people at Pentaxforums know, because they'd obivously be the most interested, but now I'm afraid that even a simple redirect to this forum would induce a moderation.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@rawhead

Thanks for the information. To sad. But now that I know, won't lose time looking for a store that does not exist.

Good luck with selling your gems.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it may be one of the very last chances to get this lens BNIB.

jeggy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: One less available if I am in time. Reply with quote

I sent you a pm - I will take one.

look forward to your reply.

Leonard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK guys, two people have committed. There is just one more left. I will have the lenses ready to ship early next week, likely Monday or Tuesday.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeggy wrote:
For me, it may be one of the very last chances to get this lens BNIB.

jeggy

Good reason to joining us Wink Welcome!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone enlighten me.What is BNIB?

Thanks
Thomas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madamasu wrote:
Can someone enlighten me.What is BNIB?

Thanks
Thomas

Oops, sorry, I should have spelled it out. It stands for "Brand New In Box".

Basically, it has never been used, and indeed, has never been taken out of the box even Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lenses have arrived and are ready to be shipped pronto. Two are taken, so there's just one left. If I don't get a taker by Monday, I will put it up on Ebay Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since I didn't get any more takers, it went up on the 'Bay for $620 BIN, and was gone in a nanosecond Smile Thanks all for your consideration!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Perfect Reply with quote

Let's call this perfect service & timing:

Today is my home office day - the lens arrived 20 minutes ago - brand new
in box - perfect condition as described.

Thank you, rawhead Smile

Attila wrote:

Good reason to joining us Wink Welcome!

Thank you, Attila. This is a nice forum - I've got several MF lenses (since this morning 2xCV + some good Pentax-A primes) and I love them all.
Using with digital (K20D) and analog (K1000) Pentax cameras.

jeggy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Perfect Reply with quote

jeggy wrote:
Let's call this perfect service & timing:

Today is my home office day - the lens arrived 20 minutes ago - brand new
in box - perfect condition as described.

Thank you, rawhead Smile

jeggy

Great to hear!! I hope you enjoy it!! I'm still waiting for my K-7 before I can enjoy mine!!!!! Surprised It's just sitting there, it's painful Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: it arrived yesterday - Reply with quote

and does it ever have creamy smooth bokeh - just beautiful.

I thank you and feel for you having to stare at it sitting there shiny new and having no camera to put it on - ouch!

thanks again

Leonard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: it arrived yesterday - Reply with quote

lcallow wrote:
and does it ever have creamy smooth bokeh - just beautiful.

I thank you and feel for you having to stare at it sitting there shiny new and having no camera to put it on - ouch!

thanks again

Leonard

I'm glad you like it Very Happy My K-7 will be in the hands of my brother within the next 6-8 hours; after which it will be sent to me express, so I'll have it by middle of next week.... can't wait!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, some example images.
Click to view in original upload size.

@5,6

@8

100% Crop from the (uncut) picture above

@4

Jakob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, that is amazing.... both the sharpness of the object and the background bokeh!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

My K-7 arrives in 2 days..... can't..... wait.....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just WOW!!!! What a lens. Lots of envy here.