Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenit 12 XP
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Zenit 12 XP Reply with quote

I got a Zenit 12 XP a couple of months ago. It was listed as excellent ++. It was everything he said it was. Doesn't look as if it ever had a roll of film run through it.

I used the super tak 50/1.4 and Kodak gold 200 to give it a try.

Nothing to brag about, but I was happy for a first try.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one! many a good photo has been taken with a Zenit! Not the best of cameras, or most featured, but a lot better than many give them credit for, and as we know the lenses are pretty good anyway. Its good to see one being used show us some more samples if poss Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought it just because I wanted one. I got it almost for nothing and it is like new. These shots were really to see if everything worked and it did. I'm sure someone who was used to it could take fine pictures with it.

I doubt I'll use it much, but i'm glad I got it.

Thanks for looking.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exciting isn't it ? Wink Thank you for keep alive this great camera!

A brand new looking camera always make extra feeling. Nice result!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

You are right Attila. It is exciting and extra special when the camera is like new.

I'm going to get some porta and run some through all my film cameras.

I just saw some pictures taken with a Contax G1 using porta 400VC and I just can't believe the results. I've never seen better taken with anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI RON !!

Greats pics with your Zenit. They, as the Prakticas, do very well the job - take pictures.

The g1 is another thing, but the job is the same, and both do this very well.

Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Ron, are these the lab's scans?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rino and Bill.

I didn't get any real good pictures Bill, so I can't blame the lab. No, I scanned them.

Last edited by Schnauzer on Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
Attila wrote:

You are right Attila. It is exciting and extra special when the camera is like new.

I'm going to get some porta and run some through all my film cameras.

I just saw some pictures taken with a Contax G1 using porta 400VC and I just can't believe the results. I've never seen better taken with anything.

Contax RF I can't imagine better 35mm system and Portra a superb film indeed. I am slide maniac, slide can be even better.

I am excited to see your results!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
Thanks Rino and Bill.

I didn't get any real good pictures Bill, so I can't blame the lab. No I scanned them.

Scans look good, Ron, brilliant colors!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure DOES work! Wow, just really some beautiful results. What a joy to have an old camera that is practically new in condition.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good old Zenits!

I had an EM that I never tried which Poolhall now has. I quite fancied a TTL or XP, or better still a 19. Now I have so many M42 bodies I really can't justify adding anymore . Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

Opening the back, it looks like it never had a roll of film in it. Not a rub mark or any other mark anywhere.

I'm not overly happy with the pictures, but I'm sure I can do better. Next time a tripod and not in the blazing midday sun like this time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Good old Zenits!

I had an EM that I never tried which Poolhall now has. I quite fancied a TTL or XP, or better still a 19. Now I have so many M42 bodies I really can't justify adding anymore .

Are you sure? The 19 is really a nice camera to use!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zenit cameras aren´t so bad; but it´s just the feeling when shooting with them (rather than good construction) which are they interesting for. I also had 12XP and loved that camera, but when i needed anything reliable i had to switch it for something better. I still use it for relax-shooting.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a 12xp. Currently it's taken apart in the middle of the standard restoration I do on all Zenits (I've taken apart 11 zenits before this one). Seems to be a hardy example; probably one of the best of the E line. Good luck with yours.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
I just got a 12xp. Currently it's taken apart in the middle of the standard restoration I do on all Zenits (I've taken apart 11 zenits before this one). Seems to be a hardy example; probably one of the best of the E line. Good luck with yours.

I have another that doesn't look bad at all, but the two end of the shutter curtain (I guess) have come undone. I haven't seen anything telling about disassembly. I'll probable take it apart when I get caught up and see what goes flying.