Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wierd? Help me to judge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Wierd? Help me to judge Reply with quote

I've recently acquired an old Fujica camera on ebay, it was an AZ-1.

The wierd thing, at least in my opinion, is that it has what should be a non-M42 lens attached to it, a 29-47 Fujinon Z lens. And i've also checked, but as the name confirms, the lens should belong to the X mount series from Fuji.

Here the ebay link with some photos

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=350192621513

Now, my wonder: the camera has a mount, the lens use another one...it should be mounting an adapter, but from the photos is hard to tell since they don't show clearly the camera mount on the sides.

Does anyone have an experience with Fujicas to tell if the X-mount -> M42 adapter (if ever existed such a thing) usually show itself clearly? Or if any 29-47 have ever been made in M42 mount, since would be a rarity this way Laughing anyhow an interesting range for a zoom.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Wierd? Help me to judge Reply with quote

mUg wrote:

The wierd thing, at least in my opinion, is that it has what should be a non-M42 lens attached to it, a 29-47 Fujinon Z lens. And i've also checked, but as the name confirms, the lens should belong to the X mount series from Fuji.

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=350192621513

Now, my wonder: the camera has a mount, the lens use another one...it should be mounting an adapter, but from the photos is hard to tell since they don't show clearly the camera mount on the sides.

Does anyone have an experience with Fujicas to tell if the X-mount -> M42 adapter (if ever existed such a thing) usually show itself clearly? Or if any 29-47 have ever been made in M42 mount, since would be a rarity this way Laughing anyhow an interesting range for a zoom.

Mug,
I own a copy of the 3.5-4.5 43-75mm Fujinon-Z. It's an M42 lens, not an X-mount. Most X-mounts are labeled X-Fujinon, such as the very nice 55mm 1.6 DM lens.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Wierd? Help me to judge Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:
mUg wrote:

Mug,
I own a copy of the 3.5-4.5 43-75mm Fujinon-Z. It's an M42 lens, not an X-mount. Most X-mounts are labeled X-Fujinon, such as the very nice 55mm 1.6 DM lens.

I was talking about of the 29-47 not of the 43-75mm.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Fujica X mount adapter Reply with quote

Hello mUg -

I don't recall there being an adapter to let you put X mount lenses on the M42 Fuji bodies - the register would be incorrect for other than close-ups, of course. From memory, I'm sure your lens was indeed made for the screw-fit Fuji.

A bit vague, I'm afraid ...

Cheers

Stephen