Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newbie with a question about my 135mm spiratone
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Newbie with a question about my 135mm spiratone Reply with quote

I have a 135mm f1.8 spiratone(sun YS) I got this about 10yrs ago, the person I bought it from threw it in for $25 bucks when I bought another lens from him. I dont know much about it but I used it for astrophotography, The thing is It has no diaphram(shutter) or its stuck wide open. Does this lens have or supposed to have one or not? can you remove them? Lens works fine otherwise.

this is the lens i have but these are not photos of my actual lense, I off coarse forgot to take photos.[/img] I just got these off the net

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie with a question about my 135mm spiratone Reply with quote

lego4040 wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does or should have a diaphragm.

These YS-mount lenses seem to often have stuck diaphragms, there is probably oil on the blades.

Interesting and fairly valuable lens, you got a great deal.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not to techie on camera's so I might have a question or two. The diaphram would be in between the two lenses, correct? Would it be possible to remove the diaprham? If they cant be removed and they are stuck, is it possible to fix yourself? Or do you got to send it out and pay out the a**
Im interested in selling this lense but if the diagrham is n/g I'll just keep it, I was using it for astrophotography for awhile