Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Beirax folder with colour film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Beirax folder with colour film Reply with quote

I've now tested the 1930s Beirax and its Victar triplet lens with colour film and I think it continues to deliver results that are better than could reasonably be expected. Here are some of today's shots:

The following is a 72dpi crop from the original scan. This section is a little over 1cm of the neg, so the whole frame would print to this quality at six or seven times this width.

some shots show vignetting, which is to be expected:

These were all shot on Fuji Reala 100, at around 1/100th to 1/150th, f11 to f16.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOT MORE BETTER!!! Great samples!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well the first lot were just snapshots using up a roll to see if the thing worked on my way back from collecting it at the Post Office. I put a bit more effort into these.